roof hatch

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
Noticed on the in-shot on the 18 that he has a roof hatch on the car. Noticed on the shot of the 11 that he has it too. But I didn't see it on the 22.

I knew it was team elect, but I didn't think many were actually putting them in the cars.

19 has it too

Last edited:
FYI they are mandated at the plate tracks.

But yeah, the teams that run them for sure have found something.

From what I saw, the hatch looks pretty damn flush to the rest of the roof.

I was thinking that maybe due to the speeds and there being a tight inside pit wall, some teams elected to have it in case a car was pinned in a pile or up against the wall.

I was thinking that maybe due to the speeds and there being a tight inside pit wall, some teams elected to have it in case a car was pinned in a pile or up against the wall.
I bet it's for safety only. It doesn't have any performance advantage on a funny car. But then how much advantage could air possibly have on the performance of a car traveling 335 mph. :)

I agree. The seat design and roll cage tubing make crawling through the right side window opening problematic.

Much easier to exit straight up.

was wondering why the gibbs drivers were always waving back at the guy following.

Back
Top Bottom