Rookie of the Year?

N

nascarfan48

Guest
Anyone have any early guesses on the Rookie of the year, since I am fairly new to the sport I would like to hear an opinon of the up coming rookie class.
 
G

gordon24fan

Guest
Kasey Kahne - Maybe moved up to Cup a little too quickly. The 9 team is a good one though, I think he will have a decent year.

Scott Riggs - He's proven that he is ready for Cup, but I don't think the 10 car is a very good ride.

Scott Wimmer - See Riggs^

Brian Vickers - Moved up too early, Nemechek should still be in the 25. That being said Brian is my ROTY choice.

Johnny Sauter - The 30 car is to RCR as the 1 is to DEI. Sauter already made some enemies driving in the 4 late last year, I don't think he is Cup material.

Brendan Gaughn - Showed he could win in CTS last year, I think a year or two in Busch would have been good for him. With the 77 under the Penske banner they should become one of the top Cup teams.
 
N

nascarfan48

Guest
By info I have so far Brendan would be my choice, he is falmboyent and seems like cup material, I dont with agree with him missing BGS, I think it would have been a good stepping stone for him. But all and all Brendan is my choice.
 
G

Gollum

Guest
Not to disagree with your other post. But I belive Johnny Sauter will be a major contender for ROTY. :cheers:
 
N

nascarfan48

Guest
Originally posted by Gollum@Jan 14 2004, 09:49 PM
Not to disagree with your other post. But I belive Johnny Sauter will be a major contender for ROTY. :cheers:
Personally, I think Sauter was a last min. move by RCR, I am not sure but I could name alot available drivers that would have been better for the ride, than again I could with Brendan as well :huh:
 
H

Happy29

Guest
My money is on Brendan Gaughan or Scott Riggs.

I think Vickers came too early, I'm not going to predict anything more than a top 25 points finish for him.
 
N

nascarfan48

Guest
Originally posted by Happy29@Jan 14 2004, 10:07 PM
My money is on Brendan Gaughan or Scott Riggs.
Yes I agree for sure on that one.
 
P

Parkfan

Guest
I think Kasey is going to win, of course I'm pulling for Brendan. And yes, Sauter was a last minute choice by RCR. No way they would've let him take a Busch ride with Brewco if he'd been one of their top choices. They panicked when both Biffle and Burton turned them down and AOL turned down the older drivers RC wanted.
 
N

nascarfan48

Guest
Originally posted by Parkfan@Jan 14 2004, 10:11 PM
I think Kasey is going to win, of course I'm pulling for Brendan. And yes, Sauter was a last minute choice by RCR. No way they would've let him take a Busch ride with Brewco if he'd been one of their top choices. They panicked when both Biffle and Burton turned them down and AOL turned down the older drivers RC wanted.
I would have liked to see Benson in the car, I think he would have done well.
 
E

esorlxaw

Guest
Gaughan has it locked up, I don't think Vickers has the juice. BGN? no reason to make another pit stop on the road to glory for BG.
 
R

RobbyG Fan

Guest
1 Riggs
2 Gaughan
3 Wimmer
4 Kahne
5 Vickers
6 Sauter

However... the rookie race will go down to the wire among all drivers. It will be a very tight rookie race, from 1-6.
 
L

LeDoux22

Guest
I hate to admitt it but i think Vickers, Wimmer, Gaughan.. i wish wimmer could pull it off but i doubt he will
 
N

nascarfan48

Guest
Originally posted by esorlxaw@Jan 14 2004, 11:11 PM
Gaughan has it locked up, I don't think Vickers has the juice. BGN? no reason to make another pit stop on the road to glory for BG.
Very few have pulled it off without going through BGN, good steping stone, if Gaughan is any good its purly luck
 
Top Bottom