Roush down to a 2 car team

Roush team seems to be going the way of the Petty team. Those teams and the Wood Brothers have a sentimental spot with me.

Just leasing the 16 charter this year so it could be brought back next year if they can find sponsorship and show improvements this year.

Could be smart to consolidate down some, since they were struggling to support what they had before. I'm not ready to condemn Bayne and Stenhouse yet - their problems could be due to Roush team problems. But as Roush pars down they'd better respond or else they'll earn their detractions. If Buescher excels after this split then we can probably blame driver problems more on Roush.

Petty's problem was he held onto past old ways too long (and still does). The Wood brothers had the same problem, although it was compounded by being a part-time team (and this sport changes so quickly that even missing one race can effect you for quite a while). Roush had been better about keeping up, but I hear his problems revolve more around being tough to work for (and the constant resulting personnel churn that is never good for any organization).

Back
Top Bottom