Cost cutting even more.
- The current extended parts freeze will remain in place through 2020 (teams are not permitted to design any new parts for the current car).
- Each car number will be permitted to have a maximum of 12 certified chassis at any given time. In addition, each organization will be permitted to have a maximum of 10 unique chassis designs.
- Teams must compete in a minimum of eight events with a long block sealed engine and at least eight with a short block sealed engine (this year teams had to run three long block sealed engines and 12 short block sealed engines.)
- Each team will be allowed three roster spots regardless of number of vehicles in the organization. In addition, a maximum of 10 road crew personnel will be allowed on each roster.
- Organizations will be permitted a total of 150 wind tunnel testing hours per calendar year.