Rumor Mill: sponcers

P

PettyBenson

Ok this one from jayski is confusing to me. Why Would NAPA want to go to team that is not doing real well right now but leave a team that is doing pretty good this season. Do you think that if NAPA left DEI would try and put Mikey back with Pennzoil and move the sponcer to the #15 or mikey to the #1 and possibly drop a car????

NAPA hopes to re-sign with DEI UPDATE hmm...which is it? Pennzoil re-ups: DEI's contract with NAPA to sponsor Michael Waltrip's #15 Chevrolet is up for renewal, as is Waltrip's driving contract. Mike Rearden, director of events and sponsorships for NAPA, says his company plans to re-sign with DEI, though he won't give specifics.(Atlanta Journal Constitution)(7-6-2002)
UPDATE: NAPA is not expected to return as a sponsor at DEI {#15], but Pennzoil has signed a contract renewal. NAPA could go to Rick Hendrick, who is also looking for a driver, if he doesn't keep Joe Nemechek.(Winston Salem Journal) [NOTE: for the #25 car but been told Delphi Automotive is signed Thru 2003 as is Kelloggs with the #5, DuPont with the #24 and Lowes with the #48, so not sure where Napa fits in with Hendrick](7-10-2002)

Then there is one saying that M&M's will go to thew 3rd yates team(duh old one) but Dominos may go on antoher car Would Havoline finaly drop out of racing?? it would be werid to see the 28 car with out havoline or texaco on the car.

Third Yates Team - Domino's Pizza? M&M's already signed? Even if Ricky Rudd does leave Yates' #28 team, Yates may still add a third team to his operation next year, according to sources close to the situation, who say that Domino's Pizza could provide the new paint scheme. No word on what might happen to Texaco. Yates has already signed a contract with M&M Mars for his second team, according to industry sources. That would presumably be for Elliott Sadler.(Winston Salem Journal)(7-10-2002)

Man this is one of the silliest silly seasons and it sounds like alomst half the feild will have a new sponcer, i just hope that if NAPA goes, and some of the other sponcers go that either they will land on another car or the others cars find sponcers so that they don't have to shut down?

ROTFL,

Just kinda sort through the sources here on the NAPA deal.

The director of sponsorships for NAPA is quoted just three days ago as saying the company intends to resign with DEI. Now Mr. Mulhern is hearing form one of his sources (this guy has more sources than M&M's has pieces of candy) that Hendrick is gonna get NAPA. Even Jayski feels compelled to question just how NAPA would fit into the Hendricks organization since all of their sponsors are signed through next year.

Ya pays your money and ya makes your choices.:D

I usually hate to correct spelling, but man the word "SPONSOR" appeared many times in that article.

You spelled it sponcer.:eek:

Hey pettyBenson4510 is like me a Kyle fan and cant spell worth a crap.

At this point there has been so many rumors about who and what will go where that I have just gotten to the point that I am just going to wait and see what does happen.

Originally posted by LooneyToonRacer
At this point there has been so many rumors about who and what will go where that I have just gotten to the point that I am just going to wait and see what does happen.

Ill agree for sure

Back
Top Bottom