Running up the score?

S

SST55

Did the Saints and Vikings run up the score knowing they had the game won?
Isn't the purpose of the game to score points and win?

In PeeWee and Pop Warner football they do have a mercy rule to save the losing team from humiliation. But this is Pro ball with players making millions.

I didn't really catch and can't remember the Cowboy who went to the Vikings bench after the last touchdown, no doubt because of emotion, but isn't that bad sportsmanship? IMHO it is.

The game's not over until the clock get to 00.00...score as many as you want!!!
What would have happened if the Cards stop scoring on the Packers last week?

you never let up in the pros if you want to stay sharp. i don't have a problem with teams running up the score (seemingly). i also don't have a problem with players from the losing team showing their dissatisfaction with it. fans want to see real emotions from the players win or lose. rub my face in the ground, don't expect me to shake your hand and congratulate you. not and be sincere about it.

you never let up in the pros if you want to stay sharp. i don't have a problem with teams running up the score (seemingly). i also don't have a problem with players from the losing team showing their dissatisfaction with it. fans want to see real emotions from the players win or lose. rub my face in the ground, don't expect me to shake your hand and congratulate you. not and be sincere about it.

Ditto

If you don't like them scoring, then keep them from doing so. It's the defenses job to keep the other teams offense from scoring.

Back
Top Bottom