Rusty Still Confident

muggle not

Team Owner
I am glad to see that Rusty still has the confidence to make a run for the championship..."go for it Rusty".

Testing at Daytona this week provided Wallace his first chance to drive the new Dodge Charger, but even without a new car the goal remains the same as the past 20-plus years: compete for the championship.

"That's our big goal for 2005; to be just as competitive as we were in 2004, but to eliminate those mistakes that we made," says Wallace. "If we play our cards right and can do that, there's no doubt in my mind that we can be up there and make the cut in the points and have a legitimate shot at getting us another championship.

I hope he does well. But championship? I doubt it. The fire is not burning like it used to.

Perhaps some of us understimate Rusty. I think that he still has talent and it looks like the desire to be competitive.

"The key to our team surprising some people is pretty simple," says Wallace, the 1989 Cup champion. "We just have to keep on doing what we've been doing, but eliminate some of the mistakes we made last season. If we can do that and have a little better racing luck, we can go out with guns a-blazin' -- with race wins and a championship bid to look back on when the season ends down at Homestead in November.

"People look back on the 2004 season and see that we did win a race, but we finished 16th in the final points," he says. "The fact is that we had a much stronger team than the record indicated and most of the insiders of our sport recognize that."

Rustys gonna win it, just all there is to it. I know im gonna start goin for robby too, hes an awsome driver and hes got an awsome car

Back
Top Bottom