Ryan Hunter-Reay in the #14 Car

D

DanicaFan

Well, it appears that Ryan Hunter-Reay will be replacing Vitor Meira in the #14car at AJ Foyt Enterprises for the remainder of the year.

Let's hope he gets good equipment and can be competitive. He has struggled so far in the Vision car this year.

whered that come from? Kinda left fieldish to replace drivers mid season?

It's directly from the Indy Racing League, its on thier website.

I think its a good thing. Remember, Vitor is out for the rest of the season due to his back injury at the Indy 500 this year. So putting a quality driver in to replace him for every race makes sense.

You keep one guy in the car for the remainder of the year so he can learn the car and work with the team to make that car better and be more productive. If you keep replacing Vitor with a different driver as they have been, there is no continuity and really no hard data to go off with different drivers with different styles.

Should be a solid move for AJ Foyt Enterprises.

DanicaRules,
I wasn't trying to dimish what you said, just wanted to know where to find it.

What does this do to the second Vision Car?

What does this do to the second Vision Car?

The 2nd Vision Team operations have been suspended indefinitly.

Good move i must say Ryan is a great American driver who needs a solid ride. Hearing him speak at Indy made me belive the 2nd Vision Car was only put together to keep him in the series.

Ryan won at Watkins Glen last year and towards the end of the year was really stepping it up and becoming productive. Im sure he will have better results with AJ Foyt Racing.

Back
Top Bottom