Ryan Newman's Car

I stop short of describing this one as a miracle, but it definitely was a very close call. It definitely could have gone the other way. What a feeling to hear, finally after a long wait, that Newman's injuries were characterized as "non-life threatening." And then on the Wednesday, that photo of Ryan walking out of the hospital (in socks, no shoes WTF??) with his two daughters. Wow, quite a tear-jerker.

[Just for the record... The "miracle" survivals I've seen are Stan Fox, 1995 Indy 500, and Niki Lauda, 1976 Nurburgring. There may be others, but these two come instantly to mind.]

I still get chills from the picture of Newman walking out of the hospital with his daughters. Not only did he survive a scary crash, but he only suffered minor bruises. That's a miracle in my book.

Yeah, the front of LaJoie's car hit Newman's SEAT. I can't believe he's alive.

I'm still not quite clear about the bars NASCAR added to the cars after his wrecks. I know that they installed the "Newman Bar" after his earlier wreck but it looks as if they added a second bar after this last wreck.

And.....do we know if the "Newman Bar" from his previous wreck played a role in saving his life in this last accident?

Watching his crash live I was certain he hadn't survived. Him surviving the crash was and is a complete miracle. Thank God he's still here and we can enjoy his talents in the SRX series.

I stop short of describing this one as a miracle, but it definitely was a very close call. It definitely could have gone the other way. What a feeling to hear, finally after a long wait, that Newman's injuries were characterized as "non-life threatening." And then on the Wednesday, that photo of Ryan walking out of the hospital (in socks, no shoes WTF??) with his two daughters. Wow, quite a tear-jerker.

[Just for the record... The "miracle" survivals I've seen are Stan Fox, 1995 Indy 500, and Niki Lauda, 1976 Nurburgring. There may be others, but these two come instantly to mind.]

Yea those miracle survivals you mentioned are all ones that came to my mind as well. I'd also consider adding Tom Sneva 1975 at Indy. I'm sure there are others too, but that's one that came to my mind.

Yea those miracle survivals you mentioned are all ones that came to my mind as well. I'd also consider adding Tom Sneva 1975 at Indy. I'm sure there are others too, but that's one that came to my mind.
I was there.

That was ugly.

Another one has to be Geoff Bodine in the 2000 Daytona Truck race. You can the announcers even thought he said was a goner.

I was there, felt the heat from the fire, we all just knew he had bought the farm, but, he survived. Another one is Austin Dillon at Daytona, both these are as close to the maker as you get and not meet him.

I would have to include Larson's Xfinity crash with those^^. Those two cars below don't look so hot either
1656694190463.png

Also worst crash I have ever seen footage of- the woman from the f2 or f3 race a few years ago that launched 40 feet out of the track at Macau (I believe) into a metal structure ****pit first pre-halo (iirc).

Back
Top Bottom