Sadler learning much from DJ

H

HardScrabble

DJ remains one of the classiest men in NASCAR. And Sadler appreciates his presence. This from an article over at NOL:

One big key was putting both the 88 and the 38 in the same shop. That's made a big difference for both teams. DJ is as pleased with the results as I am. Man, I'm really looking forward to working with him.

It's my first time with a Winston Cup teammate, and I couldn't pick a better person than Dale Jarrett. He's a guy I've always looked up to. Everybody knows that. Our driving styles are very much alike.

His determination and drive amaze me. Just sitting around talking to him -- hearing the ideas he comes up with to make the car better -- is awesome. I scratch my head, man, wondering where those ideas come from.

I learn more about the car every time I talk to him, and he's really on top of his game as far as that car should feel. He knows how to describe it well, and I'm trying hard to learn that from him.

This doesnt surprise me at all. Elliott is not the first to claim that there is lots to learn from Dale. I think the difference between he and some of the other veterans is that he remains involved in the mechanics of the car not just the behind the wheel stuff. I know that during the week he tries to give as much time as he can to family but while at the track I've heard that he stays with the team while the shop work is being done rather than lounging in his motorhome. He always gives them credit and very rarely will get upset over a ill handling car or pit road mistake, he takes every aspect of racing in stride and gives it his all.

Kel

Back
Top Bottom