Said I was done with the Stewart deal

H

HardScrabble

but I found a little thing that I thought was vey interesting. It is quotes from the Pontiac teams following qualifying today. But if ya read down to Tony's report a conversation about this weeks events is there. Well worth a look.

Link

It's cool that he admits it and says he is wrong. He is still one of my top drivers.

Thanks HS for the link. I won't comment too much on the Stewart quotes, think we have just about covered all of that. But last year when Stewart got into that bit of trouble he admitted he had a problem then. Hope he is being truthful with himself this time. He has a great team that works hard. I still say the majority of this goes back to the way he was raised. Win all or don't go. I wish him well.

Tony gotta buy grocerys too,I think he is gonna kiss the butts of Nascar harder than Harvick ever did.

(DID ANY DRIVERS COME FORWARD TODAY TO SUPPORT YOU?) "A bunch of them have come with support today. Everybody is so scared of the media and everybody is so scared to say the wrong thing these days that nobody wants to come up there and say, 'We want to be a part of it and we want to help you out,' because nobody wants to be labeled with it.

Does Tony really believe he's got a disease?

And do some of the other boys think it's contagious? :eek:

Great article HS. Not being a staunch Tony fan up till now, that may very well change. What he said would hard for anyone......let alone such a competitive, self confident person that Tony is. I'm behind him 110%!!:) Though Tony has apparently excused Home Depot for what they did, I haven't. Whoever decided that any admonishment Home Depot was putting on Tony should be made public should be fired.....sorry, I still believe all this could have come about without the cheap publicity stunt that HD pulled.

Let me just say this one thing, Home Depot isn't too worried about Tony's actions, if they did, they'd drop him as a sponsor or force Joe Gibbs to can him, BUT they know Tony is a great driver with a big fan base which equals alot of sales. Plain and simple, so for those that think Home Depot was being hard on him, they haven't even touched the surface if they wanted to be hard on Tony.

Gimme, you are most likely right on all counts.........but what kind of company goes public with something like that? Haven't convinced me it wasn't a dirty, cheap shot at free publicity.

"I've hurt people........"

Hurt people hurt people.....and what it all really boils down to in my opinion is the acceptance of loss.

Ever hear the old expression....If ya don't get over it, it's gonna kill ya?

I hope with all my heart that Tony can get to root of the loss he seemingly has yet to accept. All souls pain is the same.

Back
Top Bottom