Sale of Phoniex Racing Final?

C

Captain Coyfish

Sale of Phoenix Racing finalized? Multiple sources say the sale of the #51-Phoenix Racing Sprint Cup Series team to Turner-Scott Motorsports principal Harry Scott, Jr. is now complete, and will be officially announced on September 1 weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Finch will continue to operate the team until then, in an effort to maintain its 27th-place owner points standing.(Godfather Motorsports)(8-13-2013)

Between Vickers moving into the 55, Montoya being released, and this, this is shaping up to be the BEST DAY EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Yeah , Turner Scott have three or four drivers , don't they ? Can't see them taking on a new driver for this team when they would have to pass over all of their own.. Be kinda like a Sam Hornish situation.

this is a very strange deal. how in the world does someone buy a team and wait 6 weeks to tell everyone?? now the latest is sept 1st everyone is supposed to find out.

Probably a handshake deal . All this time the lawyers have been sorting it out . Now we need to wait for a press conference with sponsor/driver announcement when that it is put together . It is a pretty interesting event , saving a race team ,and all that.

The 51 will be a good situation for some driver, not sure if I believe the Algaier/ Brandt rumor though. Brandt doesn't have the pockets to be a major sponsor in the Cup series and Algaier while a nice lil driver isn't exactly a sexy name. I think they need a bigger name to lure a sponsor, perhaps Newman comes and brings along Quicken Loans? I mean it is a Hendrick car after all (or is it only HMS engines??), so they are a somewhat desirable ride.

I say Newman because I think Busch stays @ Furniture Row, Dillon gets Harvick's old ride and Larson gets the 42. What else is out there??

Maybe Algaier moves up to Cup and Buscheur takes over the Nationwide ride full time.

The 51 will be a good situation for some driver, not sure if I believe the Algaier/ Brandt rumor though. Brandt doesn't have the pockets to be a major sponsor in the Cup series and Algaier while a nice lil driver isn't exactly a sexy name. I think they need a bigger name to lure a sponsor, perhaps Newman comes and brings along Quicken Loans? I mean it is a Hendrick car after all (or is it only HMS engines??), so they are a somewhat desirable ride.

I say Newman because I think Busch stays @ Furniture Row, Dillon gets Harvick's old ride and Larson gets the 42. What else is out there??
Who is the other driver in that stable besides Algaier and Buscher ? Foreign guy maybe ? Earlier in the year ,it was rumored they were going to Cup with him and his sponsor .

Right , I think it was Nelson Piquet that was rumored to be going to cup with a sponsor.

Piquet..I don't know what they see in him, I thought he would be better than he is. Been a disappointment to me anyway, he looked good on paper, but like many others, when they compete in Nascar it is a different story. He had flashes of glory in the trucks, but he is stinking in N'wide

That's what I remember of the discussion on this board in the spring .Why Piquet and not Algaier or Buscher and the answer was that he and the sponsor were making the move together . Doesn't preclude doing something with one of the others . But I don't see bringing in an outside driver with a stable like that.

That's what I remember of the discussion on this board in the spring .Why Piquet and not Algaier or Buscher and the answer was that he and the sponsor were making the move together . Doesn't preclude doing something with one of the others . But I don't see bringing in an outside driver with a stable like that.
that is why so many things don't make sense in Nascar. Sponsors running the show instead of talent. Humpty is right about not having the best drivers racing anymore, Piquet in cup doesn't work for me unless he was doing well in N'wide and he stinks in that series. 12th place? give me a break. Danica will whip hiss azz in cup.

that is why so many things don't make sense in Nascar. Sponsors running the show instead of talent. Humpty is right about not having the best drivers racing anymore, Piquet in cup doesn't work for me unless he was doing well in N'wide and he stinks in that series. 12th place? give me a break. Danica will whip hiss azz in cup.

Yea Danica ...you go girl! :)

yeah she will have another one
back in 25th place to beat up on. Kvapil and Gilliland might be spared next year.

I dont mind Piquet having the ride if he was improving but nah.I wonder what type of power Turner scott will show. obv. the goal is to not just ride around. I just dont think they have a top talent in their stable now

I'm just itching to find out who the driver/sponsor will be. I'm really happy to know that the team won't be shut down.

I doubt it will be a guy like Newman though, I think he'll have better options available to him. I suspect it will be someone from the lower ranks that won't command a high salary but already has an established relationship with this mystery sponsor.

Maybe Algaier moves up to Cup and Buscheur takes over the Nationwide ride full time.
If this happened then that would make this the best month of nascar news EVER.

Right , I think it was Nelson Piquet that was rumored to be going to cup with a sponsor.
I havent heard anything more about that since he story was posted but sadly I think that is much more likely than Allgier going to Cup. Money speaks :(

Back
Top Bottom