Sam Bass Bankruptcy Auction

I've met Sam so many times...mostly by happenstance (he has no clue who I am, he would just happen to be entertaining guests in a suite I've been in). He's the nicest guy. So talented, and so many interesting stories. I probably have a dozen signed prints by him. Every time he's signing stuff for people in the suite, he asks me if I want one, and I never have the heart to say "that's ok, I already have one (or two, or five, or ten)" so I just keep getting them. Glad I did, it's become a neat little collection. Hope everything turns out ok for him.

I've met Sam so many times...mostly by happenstance (he has no clue who I am, he would just happen to be entertaining guests in a suite I've been in). He's the nicest guy. So talented, and so many interesting stories. I probably have a dozen signed prints by him. Every time he's signing stuff for people in the suite, he asks me if I want one, and I never have the heart to say "that's ok, I already have one (or two, or five, or ten)" so I just keep getting them. Glad I did, it's become a neat little collection. Hope everything turns out ok for him.
I, too, have many signed lithos and prints. You know you have too many when a friend says they want to buy a print for their friend in Texas, and the staff knows my name and address.
I wish Sam all the best -- particularly with his serious health problems.

this just plain sucks to hear he just was on the final lap podcast talking about his shop to.
hope he gets a kidney soon

Awful to hear. Sam Bass has had an immeasurable impact on this sport.

You mean to tell me those multimillionaire drivers could not each pitch in and give financial assistance to the guy?
You have no idea how many people, causes, charities, things these multimillionaires support. From kids they grew up with but haven't spoken to in decades who reach out for money for cancer treatment to a random anonymous donation to a charity because they read a tweet that moved them. And everything in between. I'm not defending them. And none of us should feel sorry for them. I'm just letting you know you'd be surprised by how many people stick their hands out in front of these guys...and how many times these guys write a check. I'm POSITIVE there will be significant people who give Sam assistance, just like I'm POSITIVE many already have over the years. But at the end of the day, Sam is not their responsibility. Or at least no more so than anyone in their lives going through any tough time. And there's many...

From the Silver Goodwrench to Wheaties/Goodwrench to the Dupont Rainbow to Dupont Flames to Dupont Firestorm scheme and many more I am probably forgetting/dont even know... Sam's work has gone through my childhood up to adulthood. Thank You Sam, your work was phenomenal.

You hate to see anyone ill and hopefully Bass can be made well. I also hope that the creditors can be made as close to whole as possible as regardless of Bass' struggles they don't deserve to have obligations reneged on.

Is the reason he is filing for bankruptcy because of the illness? As many prints as he sold and program covers as NASCAR used I'd think he would have been very well off and afforded medical insurance?

Is the reason he is filing for bankruptcy because of the illness? As many prints as he sold and program covers as NASCAR used I'd think he would have been very well off and afforded medical insurance?

Having a lot of money doesn't necessarily correlate with financial responsibility

dFATqzy.gif

Not sure if you are from America, but in this country bankruptcy due to medical bills is very common.

I have so many rolled up SB posters. It's time to get a few framed...

I just bought a Sam Bass poster of Earnhardt and the Wheaties car just 3 days ago on eBay. The description read that Sam would even sign it before it shipped. I couldn't believe it was only $10. Now I know why.

Not sure if you are from America, but in this country bankruptcy due to medical bills is very common.
Yeah been here a few years. Haven't known too many wealthy successful people do it though due to health reasons as much as financial irresponsibility. Just asking a question.

It is hard to know if the main reason for his financial troubles are due to medical expenses or if he was an financial idiot that didn't manage his affairs properly.

Yeah been here a few years. Haven't known too many wealthy successful people do it though due to health reasons as much as financial irresponsibility. Just asking a question.

It is not unreasonable to question why Bass is filing for bankruptcy but I don't think most people really care. When I was growing up bankruptcy was a black mark of shame but now it is a normal as breathing.

Back
Top Bottom