Sarah Fisher

W

wlfyk62

Sarah Fisher Looking at NASCAR? "If the Gen IV (Chevy/Cosoworth engine) isn't it, and if a major sponsor isn't forthcoming real soon, (Sarah) Fisher might even turn to stock cars - one of the few four-wheeled racing vehicles she has never commanded. 'That's definitely one thing I'm looking at,' she said. 'We've talked about it this year. It's a lot easier for a sponsor to justify a NASCAR program, even though it requires more expense.'"(Cincinnati Post via MotorsportsTV.com)(8-15-2003) :)

:salute:

That cool! I don't care where she is as long as its a good competivte car!

...good luck, don't let the door hit you in your huge posterior.

Sorry, granted Sarah hasn't had the best equipment but after 3 years she's shown me very little.....1 Pole and a couple of 2nd places.

She has done a poor job of lining up sponsors for Indycar, somehow I don't see her doing any better in NASCAR-land.

Personally, I'm tired of drivers using NASCAR as a 'trump-card'.

She'll miss more races than she makes in NASCAR......that is if she gets a ride at all.

Has a IndyCar fan and a Nascar Fan. She improved alot since her Rookie Season. She has talent, but she needs a good car to inform better.

While I dont necessarily disagree with everything that you have said, I will disagree with this.....
She has done a poor job of lining up sponsors for Indycar

I didn't know that a driver was the one who was supposed to be soliciting sponsors for the cars. I thought that that was the job of the owner of the team. Is Sarah an owner/driver and noone told me about it??? :wacko:

She can line up a sponser but she dont have the equipment to be in the top postions

...well with the GenIV Chevy/Cosworth Sarah managed a respectable 9th in qualifying, the 3rd fastest Chevy.

She has qualified well in the past only to quickly fade in the race, so I'm not going to get all excited yet.

I have my feelings on what might transpire tomorrow, should I be wrong I'll take back my earlier comments. Should my feelings come to fruition it will only reinforce what I already think. <_<

Originally posted by indyracefan@Aug 15 2003, 02:09 PM
...good luck, don't let the door hit you in your huge posterior.

Sorry, granted Sarah hasn't had the best equipment but after 3 years she's shown me very little.....1 Pole and a couple of 2nd places.

She has done a poor job of lining up sponsors for Indycar, somehow I don't see her doing any better in NASCAR-land.

Personally, I'm tired of drivers using NASCAR as a 'trump-card'.

She'll miss more races than she makes in NASCAR......that is if she gets a ride at all.
Posted on Aug 15 2003, 03:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While I dont necessarily disagree with everything that you have said, I will disagree with this.....
She has done a poor job of lining up sponsors for Indycar

I didn't know that a driver was the one who was supposed to be soliciting sponsors for the cars. I thought that that was the job of the owner of the team. Is Sarah an owner/driver and noone told me about it??? 

You still didn't answer my question, indyracefan. :eek:

Originally posted by majestyx@Aug 16 2003, 10:31 PM

You still didn't answer my question, indyracefan. :eek:
...no it's not necessarily the drivers responsibility but it's not out of the norm either. And you know full well that she's not a team-owner. ;)

My point is this, she sure hasn't generated the corporate support in Indycars, what makes her think it will be any better in NASCAR....as series she's never even competed in. <_<

...well, see what I mean.

New Chevy engine, same old Sarah. Qualified decent at 9th but finishes 14th, 2 laps down.....because of handling problems.

Although Buhl backed up a good qualifying run with a decent race & finish. Perhaps some of D&R's problems have been the motor and set-ups associated with it....at least for half of the D&R stable.

This leads to what I've been suspecting for some time now, alot of Sarah's problems are Sarah herself.

Back
Top Bottom