Sargeant fired

donthaveanickname

Team Owner
Sargeant didn’t need to be in that car any longer, but going straight to an F2 rookie who doesn’t have meaningful testing in F1 machinery under his belt is plenty a crash damage risk itself. I think Colapinto is a talented junior but I hope it isn’t too much too soon for him.

Sargeant didn’t need to be in that car any longer, but going straight to an F2 rookie who doesn’t have meaningful testing in F1 machinery under his belt is plenty a crash damage risk itself. I think Colapinto is a talented junior but I hope it isn’t too much too soon for him.
I would have gone with Mick, but I am not sure if that would be any better. Whomever gets the drive is going to be out next year anyway.

While I'm excited to see the first Argentinian F1 driver in ages I agree that putting a rookie in the car is a questionable decision especially when you consider that they're not preparing him for a full-time ride next year as Albon and Sainz are looking to stay at Williams long term.
Willi could've cashed in on Red Bull wanting some seat time for Lawson but if Liam lands at Toro Rosso next year Williams would've ended up unnecessarily helping a competitor.

This might well end up being Franco's only shot in F1. He's not being considered for any open 2025 rides. Antonelli to Mercedes might be announced as early as this weekend, Red Bull has four drivers competing for two spots and if one of the veterans miss out they could very well be headed for Sauber unless they decide to keep Valtteri.
Franco's only chance to stay on the grid beyond this season is Sauber but I can only see them considering him if he beats Albon in half the remaining races.

While I'm excited to see the first Argentinian F1 driver in ages I agree that putting a rookie in the car is a questionable decision especially when you consider that they're not preparing him for a full-time ride next year as Albon and Sainz are looking to stay at Williams long term.
Willi could've cashed in on Red Bull wanting some seat time for Lawson but if Liam lands at Toro Rosso next year Williams would've ended up unnecessarily helping a competitor.

This might well end up being Franco's only shot in F1. He's not being considered for any open 2025 rides. Antonelli to Mercedes might be announced as early as this weekend, Red Bull has four drivers competing for two spots and if one of the veterans miss out they could very well be headed for Sauber unless they decide to keep Valtteri.
Franco's only chance to stay on the grid beyond this season is Sauber but I can only see them considering him if he beats Albon in half the remaining races.
He can still come back to F2 for a second season next year, so that’s an option to at least stay active if he doesn’t get an F1 seat off of this. I do think it’s good that Williams are signaling to prospective youngsters that they’ll give their academy drivers an opportunity if one presents itself. But you would likely be waiting until at least 2027 when Sainz could be on the move again.

Back
Top Bottom