Say it ain't so!

fergy1370

Team Owner
From Jayski.

Earnhardt Jr and Stewart film a music video: on Monday night in Concord, NC, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Tony Stewart filmed a music video for the band 3 Doors Down. Fans gathered early to catch a glimpse of their music and racing heroes Monday night. The filming was set to continue Tuesday night. The production crew set up recreational vehicles, equipment trucks and a food tent in the city's Bicentennial Plaza parking lot and fans wandered around freely trying to spy their favorite star. It's due to be aired on music video channels by April or May, according to the band's publicist. The group chose Concord for its video locale because of the racing theme behind it. The plot line, loosely, is that a woman is stopped at a red light (at the square in downtown Concord) in a Jeep Wrangler when Earnhardt pulls up beside her and begins flirting. Soon after, Stewart pulls up on the other side and begins to compete for her attention. The two rival drivers appear to quickly forget the girl and set off drag racing, leaving her behind. The racers in the video will tear through the streets and barrel through the woods only to emerge at a race track (Concord Motorsports Park) where a 3 Doors Down concert is in progress. They'll circle the track a few times and tear off into the woods again.

Originally posted by DeeDee+Mar 13 2003, 11:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DeeDee @ Mar 13 2003, 11:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--racerx11@Mar 13 2003, 12:02 AM
I'm sure jr cheats some how. ;)
Well YEAH! ;) [/b][/quote]
how could you think anything different

:D
Hey does anyone no the song title? I am not real familiar with 3 doors down, but thought I would check out the song.

FOX showed some filming highlights. Didn't have the video capture hooked up. :lol: Here is some info though.

3 Doors Down Wants NASCAR Video

Rock Group 3 Doors Down will shortly release its next single, "The Road I'm On." The band is hoping to team up with NASCAR for the video, "as long as I get to drive a car," singer Brad Arnold joked in his thick southern accent to MTV. (1/23)

Ugh, now i have to watch MTV for something other then clone high.... the video just better not suck.. and if anyone cheats :dual9mm:

So let me gets this right--It's suddenly ok for Nascar drivers to be on MTV. You mean the whole sport is not going to the dogs now? All I ever hear on here is how Jr. is bring the sport down by appearing on MTV. Now that Tony is joining him it's ok. Just think some new fans might come to like Nascar for this appearance, but of course their not really fans and they'll disappear after a few years. Never like a double standard and I don't now.

Originally posted by sgbg88@Mar 15 2003, 06:57 PM
So let me gets this right--It's suddenly ok for Nascar drivers to be on MTV. You mean the whole sport is not going to the dogs now? All I ever hear on here is how Jr. is bring the sport down by appearing on MTV. Now that Tony is joining him it's ok. Just think some new fans might come to like Nascar for this appearance, but of course their not really fans and they'll disappear after a few years. Never like a double standard and I don't now.
Who are you talking to? Most everyone thinks it's great for Jr to be on MTV except me.

Are ya just babbling at whoever happens to be listening?

Well usually a Music Video ends up on MTV or at least that's what I would make a music video for. Call that idea crazy if you want

Yes Paul I'm just babbling---I've seen post on here before when Jr. appears in video's. He's bringing down the sport, bandwagon fans, and so on. And no, it's not just you. It seems funny that you and others blast Jr. when he does a video, but Tony that's a different story. I say your post saying it was lame, but I've seen you go off on Jr. for doing this very same thing. Guess I'm just babbling again--oh well--doesn't matter anyway.

Ok Paul ....why is it so lame for Jr and Stewy to do a video? If it were Blaney doing one on the Country Music channel or MTV would it be so lame? I think it is good for the sport, i don't watch MTV very much myself, but there are a lot of Nascar fans that do. Just curious as to why you think this is so bad?

I'll help you out Dee Dee. I know Tony's license plate said "SMOKE"

962062_7_1.jpg

962066_7_1.jpg

962078_7_1.jpg

962080_7_1.jpg

962086_7_1.jpg

Thanks so much HighBoy, I tried for like an hour an couldn't get it to work. < :dunce:

Maybe if you get some extra time, you could explain how you did it. It would have to be a lot of extra time. :D

It's simple Dee Dee (as long as the site allows hotlinking).

All you need to do is "right click" over the image and click "properties." Click and drag your mouse and highlight the "address" or "URL" then right click again and click "copy."

Then in your post, click the IMG button and paste the link and your set. (you may have to remove the http:// first)

:stupidcomp: :windows:

Oh wait it's probably me. :cuckoo:
I tried some more and still don't get it. I will just keep at it. One of htese days I will get it.
Thanks for the help HighBoy!

Originally posted by Mopardh9@Mar 17 2003, 01:50 AM
Ok Paul ....why is it so lame for Jr and Stewy to do a video? If it were Blaney doing one on the Country Music channel or MTV would it be so lame? I think it is good for the sport, i don't watch MTV very much myself, but there are a lot of Nascar fans that do. Just curious as to why you think this is so bad?
It atracts fans that watch maybe 3 races the whole season, and dont really know anything about racing. Then again out of the hundreds of people that will be doing that, it will atract a few dozen that will really get into the sport.

Back
Top Bottom