scanner frequencies

I

IIIBuckIII

anyone have any idea what the 2013 frequencies are or should i just buy the sheet for 5 bucks at bristol

Scanner Question:
My buddy is planning on buying his first scanner this year and just had a general question.

He's looking into the BC72 or any other cheap RE scanner around $100 or the RE3000. The RE3000 is about $120 more than the other cheap options listed on RE's website

Now is bascially the only difference with the cheaper models and the RE3000 that he will need to obtain a scanner sheet before the race to get the right frequencies? I remember when I bought my RE3000 at Richmond last year the RE sales person told me the RE3000 was a better buy value wise because I am subscribed to the racing frequencies and dont need to purchase/download the frequency list so after I think 6 races she said I'd make my money back.

Since you can download the scanner list for free, was I bascially hosed into buying a more expensive scanner or is it worth it to buy the RE3000 for the "subscription" she was talking about over the cheaper RE scanners?

Buy the scanner at the track from one of the RE haulers. Same price as you get elsewhere and they update the frequencies each and every time you go to the track free of charge.

Some of their scanners are able to be programmed over the air by just standing next to their hauler and pressing a button on the scanner. It does it through a wifi type connection.

Just to be clear, you're saying he would be safe with the cheaper version?

If he can read and follow the instructions that will come with the scanner, I'd recommend the cheap one. Me, I'm in computer support, where the Number One rule is 'RTFM' ('Read The ... Fascinating ... Manual')

You can get the frequencies off Jayski. The first time programming will take about half an hour or forty minutes.. Almost all teams keep the same frequencies for the entire season, and the major teams keep them for years at a time. Once it's programmed, you may have to change one or two bottom-tier teams every couple of races (assuming you wanted to listen to them); you'll spend more time in line at the Port-A-Johns. At the start of next season, you may have to change eight or ten.

IF HE CAN'T OR WON'T READ THE MANUAL, then go with the expensive one and pay to have it programmed. While it's simple if you follow the instructions, on most models you're not going to figure it out just by pushing buttons.

RE1000 Scanner Combo includes scanner and two headsets for $179. You can't get much cheaper than that. Frequencies updated for FREE every single time that you go to the track. I have some friends that use it and they are more than satisfied with it. Did I mention that you don't have to program it?

• 200 Channel Scanner
• Quick MRN/PRN Button
• Quick Scan
• User Selectable Scan List
• Integrated RX Antenna
• Trackside Programming
• Economically Priced
• Compact & Easy To Use

RE1000 Scanner Combo Link

RE1000 Scanner Combo includes scanner and two headsets for $179. You can't get much cheaper than that. Frequencies updated for FREE every single time that you go to the track. I have some friends that use it and they are more than satisfied with it. Did I mention that you don't have to program it?

• 200 Channel Scanner
• Quick MRN/PRN Button
• Quick Scan
• User Selectable Scan List
• Integrated RX Antenna
• Trackside Programming
• Economically Priced
• Compact & Easy To Use

RE1000 Scanner Combo Link

By the way , how is your R/E stock doing?;)

By the way , how is your R/E stock doing?;)
I don't own any or any of their equipment so I don't benefit from any of this other than passing on what looks like a great deal for EI2IC's buddy. That looked like a great setup for someone that occasionally goes to the track. The equipment that I use is probably older than some of the people on this board. I am thinking of upgrading our headsets to the type where we can talk during the race. I think that would be cool. I don't read lips well.

I don't own any or any of their equipment so I don't benefit from any of this other than passing on what looks like a great deal for EI2IC's buddy. That looked like a great setup for someone that occasionally goes to the track. The equipment that I use is probably older than some of the people on this board. I am thinking of upgrading our headsets to the type where we can talk during the race. I think that would be cool. I don't read lips well.

I use Bose ear buds. They are noise cancelling and a heck of a lot cooler than ear muffs. Also very easy to po0p out to talk.

I use Bose ear buds. They are noise cancelling and a heck of a lot cooler than ear muffs. Also very easy to po0p out to talk.
Talking under green flag conditions without headphones at a place like Bristol is impossible for me. Maybe that's just me, I don't know but I don't think it's a good idea to be without hearing protection at one of these events.

Cooler @ the race track? That's what I use for my Bud Lights. I don't give a crap if I look cool watching a race. And are you popping or pooping? o_O :D

I'd be interested in something like that for my atv's .

Talking under green flag conditions without headphones at a place like Bristol is impossible for me. Maybe that's just me, I don't know but I don't think it's a good idea to be without hearing protection at one of these events.

Cooler @ the race track? That's what I use for my Bud Lights. I don't give a crap if I look cool watching a race. And are you popping or pooping? o_O :D

This buds for you... ;)

They were designed for use on a jet and are better at noise cancelling then the racing headphones I had before.

This buds for you... ;)

They were designed for use on a jet and are better at noise cancelling then the racing headphones I had before.

:confused:I thought they were designed for pesky wives and Danica interviews.

Shows how much I know. I should stick to rear windows.

* goes back to his room *
rear window nascar fan.jpg

Thanks for the information

I'm thinking about bringing a couple of white boards to the races this year to communicate with people during green flag runs. Gotta save up some more cash for the headphones with the mic's.

I'm thinking about bringing a couple of white boards to the races this year to communicate with people during green flag runs. Gotta save up some more cash for the headphones with the mic's.

I do that. Look at the office supply stores. There's a package that has four small ones (4" x 6") designed to stick on the fridge. They fit easily in or on a cooler. Get some extra cheapo markers; you'll lose at least one each race :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom