Scattered Thunderstorms

71Fan

Have no idea where the track is but Anniston AL is calling for showers till 3pm, scattered thunder storms till 6, and then back to showers......Saturday practice (but not on schedule looks like a go, along with Sundays race.......currently it looks like this....

Weather will likely play some part in todays activities, if they get any showers Talledega is a kind of big track to get dry. Depends on how the scattering works out.

The track is for practical purposes roughly halfway between Atlanta and Birmingham. Local is saying 30% chance of showers this AM increasing to 50% by early aft then T-storms after about 3PM.

I would have to say that the way it looks right now, qualifying will be a wash.:(

It doesn't look good for qualifying, thats's a shame for all these other cars like the 09 and the 83, would have liked to see them make it.

It was going to be interesting to see if some of the underdog teams would have a shot at making the race today, but with that radar, I'd say it's not very likely they are going to get a chance to qualify.

"Don't kmow where Talladega is"
To paraphase Deliverance, It's only the biggist track in the South.
It's just about where the A&M of Birmingham is located on your weather map.

Well, it's still early, and if they are thunderstorms they should move over pretty quickly. So who knows, maybe we can still get this race in.

From the radar and if there is nothing behind this first wave, I think we can get qualifying in, it just might be delayed a little.

Maybe but it takes so long for them to qualify at Dega. So very long, so the window of opportunity isn't that big.

USAL0524

new radar shot

Whoa, that doesn't look too bad at all. And the speed at which this front is moving they might get it in after all.

Let it rain for qualifying.

Get the front runners out of harms way for the race.

That radar shot looks a little bit more promising, fergy.

But Paul, I might almost have to agree with you on that one. Especially with this new rule change.

if you did not notice that was for 8:30 this morning!!
Ok the second one looks better guess i should read all posts befor i comment.:D

I just went ot go see where Dega is at and its right under the HAM in Birmingham

Back
Top Bottom