Schrader To race In IROC.

A

Awesome_Bill

Ken Schrader will Race the final race of the Iroc season in place of Danny Lasoski, who is still recovering from injuries from the a World of Outlaws race.

Winston Cup veteran Ken Schrader will substitute for World of Outlaws driver Danny Lasoski in Saturday's final installment of the International Race of Champions series Saturday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, IROC officials announced.
Lasoski remains in a Mechanicsburg, Pa., hospital recovering from injuries sustained in a wreck during an Outlaws race Friday night. He received an invitation to the four-race IROC series for winning the Outlaws championship last season.

"I've known Danny a very, very, long time. Before he (Lasoski) started driving, he would come out and help us when I was racing Sprint Cars," Schrader said. "I'm very grateful and honored to have this opportunity to drive for him (Lasoski) in IROC at Indy. I'm just sorry it has to be under these circumstances."

In three IROC races this season, Lasoski's best finish was sixth at the season opener at Daytona. He was 12th at California and 11th at Chicagoland. He was scheduled to start second in Saturday's season finale at Indy and is currently 11th in points out of 12 drivers.

Schrader made his only IROC appearance in the 1995 season, finishing sixth in points. His best finishes were a pair of third-place efforts at Daytona and Darlington that season.

IROC features 12 drivers from various forms of motorsports competing in equally prepared Pontiac Firebirds in four 100-mile races. Winston Cup driver Kevin Harvick, who won at Chicagoland this season, leads the points race.

I think he's one that really deserves to be in the IROC series, Kenny can race just about anything. Let's hope he has a Cup ride for next year if M&M's leaves (which it will).

RP, speaking of racing anything I heard that he and some WC buddies are doing some dirt race for charity. Sounds like fun.

Kenny da man :thumbsup: I would love to see him win some races in cup.

The charity event is at Peavley I-55 Raceway.This is just 20 mi.out of St Louis,Mo.Kenny is part owner of that track.I have been there many times.and it is a real nice track.Kenny also runs at the locol Fairground track in Belleville Il.which is just across the river from St louis.He shows up on Fridays of the weekends off.I have heard rumors of Kenny driving for Jerry Jones,Only rumors from the St Louis area,and I have no facts to back it. :)

sorry about danny.

but that's really nice for kenny.

the event weds is to raise money for kyle petty's place for kids..
Jr, Steve Park, Mikey, Bill Elliott, Johnny Benson, Kyle and some other drivers are going to be there too. wish it was televised.

hope they do well. the petty's are doing a really wonderful thing.

i've heard rumors about kenny and the petty's too. so who knows, lol:)

thats to bad to Danny bc he would have been racing on the tarck that all open wheel driver want to race on, and he now will not get to. Congrats to Kenny for getting the nod to frive for him.

That sucks for Danny, I was hoping to see him here in Mt in August at the Outlaws. Hope he gets better soon.

Back
Top Bottom