Schrader

finally kenny will be in some decent equipment i just hope luck goes his way and hes able to do something with it.

Schrader to fill in for Franchitti at RichmondBy Bob Pockrass - Associate EditorTuesday, April 29, 2008Print Email RSS Feeds Add to Del.icio.us Digg This
Jason Smith / Getty Images

CONCORD, N.C. – Ken Schrader will drive the No. 40 Chip Ganassi Racing Dodge this weekend at Richmond International Raceway, team officials said Tuesday.

Schrader will replace the injured Dario Franchitti, who broke his left ankle in the Nationwide Series race Saturday at Talladega Superspeedway.

Schrader started the season with BAM Racing, but that team suspended operations earlier this month. He drove for Haas CNC Racing last week at Talladega, where David Stremme filled in Franchitti. Stremme, a test driver for Penske Racing, was given permission only to drive for the team at Talladega and not beyond.

Franchitti said Sunday that he would like to return as soon as possible but would follow the advice of his doctors. He visited Dr. Terry Trammell, a noted orthopedic surgeon, in Indianapolis on Monday and will be fitted for a carbon-fiber brace later this week. Franchitti’s status behind the wheel will be evaluated on a week-to-week basis.

Who will fill in for Franchitti beyond Richmond also has yet to be determined.

I wish Dario a fast healing so he can get back to the racing he loves. That being said, I love when Kenny Schrader races. I just plain like the guy. :)

I thought I was really losing it .. not that I'm not... heh heh... since I already posted in a Kenny thread. Now, I see there are two so...............

GO KENNY!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom