Schui 2002 Champ

L

LooneyToonRacer

With Schui's win today he locks up the points and wins the Championship, Good job Shui.:thumbsup:

Kimi R. had a good chance of winnig his first race but slide on some oil near the end of the race when he was leading and Schui was able to get pass him and hold on for the win.

What a great race. Congratulations to Schumacher and all at Ferrari. History has been made today. Commiserations to Kimi who in my mind was the man of the race. ;)

man i feel sorry for Kimi, did you see how dejected he was in the press conference? so close, yet so far..:)

Team Ferrari did the job to a tee...Schumi would have not won that race if team McLaren had done the same job. MS was radioed about the oil form McNech (or whatever) car. Why...oh!...why didn't team McLaren do the same with Kimi?...Although I'm a tested and true Ferrari/Schumacher/Barrichello fan...I would have loved to see Kimi win...

Congrats to the best driver "EVER" of Formula 1 for # 5

Lets see now...if bad luck decides to leave Rubens....if he can clinch #2 spot.

Next year promises to be very exciting...with both Williams and McLaren getting closer to Ferrari efficiancy...and with young drivers such as Kimi and JPM ...Barrichello himself and (a BIG MAYBE ) of the return of Hakkinen...and if Ralf decides to come out of the crises he seems to have plunged in... wowwww...guys
GOOD STUFF

man i feel sorry for Kimi, did you see how dejected he was in the press conference? so close, yet so far..

He looked like he was about to cry... poor bastard

Although the stats. prove that Mike Schu. is quite a racer that does not in any way make him the best of all time in my mind. The best without a doubt was Senna closely followed by the gentleman Jim Clark. Schuey has never raced against anybody in equal machinery. Take Johnny Herberts recent quote. Schuey has always made the other driver sign a contract that will not allow them to beat him. Look no further than Rubens and Eddie Irvine.
Senna was in the same team as Prost. Jim Clark was racing against one Graham Hill. I rest my case.;)

Never raced against anyone in equal equipment? Schumi was a champ before Ferarri.

Wait a minute here....Let's recap for a moment....Wip

first of all ...you are intirely priviledged to your opision weather MS is or is not the best ever....Stats are very clear on that...He either ties or betters "the best" in the world...

The fact of him vs Senna...this topic has been going on for 2 years on another forum ...and the parties are still light years apart in opinion...so I don't think that we can solve this disparity of opinion in one or two msgs...but it's an interesting discussion.

If you remember Irvine lost a championship all on his own...or rather was his to lose...and he did...If he was champion material should have won...I have nothing aganst him...I rather like him...

When you make a comment I would appreciate if you could explain why you feel that way...not to argue...but rather to discuss and enrich this or any other topic...

Paul do you agree???

even thought i am not a Shumi fan i will say he is one heck of a racer now lets get him over here and see what he can do in a winston cup car.

I'm not sure if he has ever raced in a car such as those in the Winston cup...I know that he went from Kart to formula 3000 and to F1....(I could be wrong but I think that's how it went)

But one should keep in mind that F1 is the most difficult race there is...so in supposing that he would or could run in the Winston...I think he would do rather well. A champ is a champ is a champ...regardless what he drives...

(then again...only my opinion)

LOL...PettyBenson...it will be a cold day in hell before Schumi drives a WC car.

ROFL...that's the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Well Cher pp you do not have to look too far back to see where I am coming from. Do you remember this years Austrian GP?

I prefer it when team mates actually race one another. For instance Senna v Prost and Mansell v Piquet. Now there are 4 great world champs.

;)

All great drivers yes, but how many have 5 WC? Senna might have made it to 5, but alas we will never know:(

It's hard to argue that Shumi is not the greatest. If he wins 6 titles you have a good case for best ever.

Back
Top Bottom