Scott Family to be presented Trophy

Love this. We are getting there...

What happened to the original trophy, did Baker not give it back when the race results were corrected?

What happened to the original trophy, did Baker not give it back when the race results were corrected?
This is what am article I found had to say including a quote from Buddy Baker

"Nobody seems to know the whereabouts of the original trophy. Neither the Jacksonville racing club nor NASCAR’s archives has it. Hall of Fame driver the late Buddy Baker told Coble it wasn’t among his late father’s collection. “As far as I’m concerned, Wendell won the race,” Buddy said in 2010. “My dad never told me anything different. After all the races he won, I’m sure he wouldn’t covet a trophy he didn’t win. He had so many trophies we had them stacked up out in the carport.”

Warrick wonders whether someone in the Baker family might have the trophy and not realize its significance. He also wonders whether anyone else could possibly appreciate what it means to his family. He feels that if Buck had taken it with him that Sunday evening, it was only because he didn’t know the outcome of the scoring review. The Scott family has contacted the Baker families without success."

This is what am article I found had to say including a quote from Buddy Baker

"Nobody seems to know the whereabouts of the original trophy. Neither the Jacksonville racing club nor NASCAR’s archives has it. Hall of Fame driver the late Buddy Baker told Coble it wasn’t among his late father’s collection. “As far as I’m concerned, Wendell won the race,” Buddy said in 2010. “My dad never told me anything different. After all the races he won, I’m sure he wouldn’t covet a trophy he didn’t win. He had so many trophies we had them stacked up out in the carport.”

He also wonders whether anyone else could possibly appreciate what it means to his family. He feels that if Buck had taken it with him that Sunday evening, it was only because he didn’t know the outcome of the scoring review. The Scott family has contacted the Baker families without success."
Thanks. That's a lot more than I knew before. Very odd. It'd be cool if the original did turn up one day.
Warrick wonders whether someone in the Baker family might have the trophy and not realize its significance.
This seems like a very reasonable explanation.

Back
Top Bottom