Scuderia Ferrari and Haas F1 reach technical agreement

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
At least to me, it seems like Ferrari is thinking about going down the road of Red Bull with Toro Rosso here. It'd be interesting to see Haas develop future Ferrari talent.

Maranello, 3 September – Scuderia Ferrari announces that it has reached a technical collaboration agreement with Haas F1 Team to supply it with Formula 1 engines. The multi-year agreement is for the supply of the entire power unit starting from 2016.

“We’re delighted to announce this important strategic partnership with Haas F1 Team and to welcome an American player as a new entrant in Formula 1”, said Scuderia Ferrari Team Principal Marco Mattiacci. “A few months ago we joined forces with Gene Haas on a commercial level and this is the natural next step of our growing relationship. While our objective is to reinforce our power unit development programme for all our customer teams , we believe this new partnership has the potential to evolve beyond the traditional role of supplying our power unit and all related technical services. United States continues to be one of the most important markets for Ferrari and it offers many interesting opportunities. We look forward to supporting Haas F1 Team in its efforts to become a competitive player on the Formula 1 grid.”

- See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/ferrari-power-unit-haas-f1-team#sthash.cWI2dLQJ.dpuf

At least to me, it seems like Ferrari is thinking about going down the road of Red Bull with Toro Rosso here. It'd be interesting to see Haas develop future Ferrari talent.

Maranello, 3 September – Scuderia Ferrari announces that it has reached a technical collaboration agreement with Haas F1 Team to supply it with Formula 1 engines. The multi-year agreement is for the supply of the entire power unit starting from 2016.

“We’re delighted to announce this important strategic partnership with Haas F1 Team and to welcome an American player as a new entrant in Formula 1”, said Scuderia Ferrari Team Principal Marco Mattiacci. “A few months ago we joined forces with Gene Haas on a commercial level and this is the natural next step of our growing relationship. While our objective is to reinforce our power unit development programme for all our customer teams , we believe this new partnership has the potential to evolve beyond the traditional role of supplying our power unit and all related technical services. United States continues to be one of the most important markets for Ferrari and it offers many interesting opportunities. We look forward to supporting Haas F1 Team in its efforts to become a competitive player on the Formula 1 grid.”

- See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/ferrari-power-unit-haas-f1-team#sthash.cWI2dLQJ.dpuf
Yeah, but I was kind of hoping Haas would be more than a farm team for another team. Maybe Haas will just do this to get up to speed on the F1 game and then branch out on his own.

Not a bad alliance. Better than other options..

Any news on a possible driver line up? If so.. I missed it.

Yeah, but I was kind of hoping Haas would be more than a farm team for another team. Maybe Haas will just do this to get up to speed on the F1 game and then branch out on his own.
It'll be years before that happens. If they went into it on their own they'd be a perennial backmarker for quite a while. This is probably the best move they could've done, considering they weren't buying another team. The last truly new team, not buying another operation and without an alliance, to have any level of success was probably Jordan.

off topic---f1 ---cota.
got this on cota mail list today.
duran-duran concert on f1 race weekend.....austin city limits venue.
only $325-600 / ticket !

jeez ! acl started as pbs free tv.

Back
Top Bottom