Sebastian Vettel?

Marcingak

Team Owner
A lot of people were praising him as the best F1 driver ever after winning 4 consecutive titles but this year he's getting his ass kicked by his rookie teammate. Seems to me like Vettel isn't as good as people give him credit for. He just always had superior equipment compared to the rest of the field (even his teammate) in the past.

He isn't the greatest driver ever, but he's still great. Ricciardo will certainly win a world championship if he stays healthy. When he was with Toro Rosso the last two years he was beating out both Vettel and Webber in Red Bull's simulator.

Alonso couldn't beat his true rookie teammate in 2007 and he's still considered the best driver by many. That teammate panned out pretty well, too...

A lot of people were praising him as the best F1 driver ever after winning 4 consecutive titles but this year he's getting his ass kicked by his rookie teammate. Seems to me like Vettel isn't as good as people give him credit for. He just always had superior equipment compared to the rest of the field (even his teammate) in the past.

Vettel seems to be having trouble adapting to the new car but has improved, I think he will do fine when he gets dialed in

modern times . fastest / best cars in f1 win races / titles...........car makes driver .
1 team dominates 2---3--4 yrs ....then rules change /etc .....or other team gets hot new trick.

look at alonso...schumacher...vettel...etc ......in lesser cars.

like a qb in nfl.

modern times . fastest / best cars in f1 win races / titles...........car makes driver .
1 team dominates 2---3--4 yrs ....then rules change /etc .....or other team gets hot new trick.

look at alonso...schumacher...vettel...etc ......in lesser cars.

like a qb in nfl.

Agreed. The difference in driver is less important than the difference in car. Still a factor, but you can't put a World Champion in a Caterham and expect them to do better than a few spots ahead of where they place now.

-----Have you ever noticed when someone wins all the time, you start rooting against them? And then when they start losing you feel sorry for them and hope they do better? Or is it just me? ;)
-----I always felt he was pretty arrogant when he was winning. But maybe that was just his nature. I do think he will get better. I think Mercedes found the secret for winning so far this year. Maybe they are the next Red Bull of old? Or will Vettel improve back to his old self? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
-----As far as being the greatest of all time- my vote will always go to Jim Clark. Til the day I die.

Back
Top Bottom