See any good movies lately?

kkfan91

Crab Cakes and Sprint Cars....PA does 1
Red Notice does the impossible ... it makes Gal Gadot even hotter. πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
I just saw that today on Netflix added it to my list.

I'm watching The Mask of Zorro, I don't know if I've ever seen anything else Zorro related but I've always liked this movie.

rd45usa

Contrarian
Wag the Dog (1997)-The film centers on a spin doctor and a Hollywood producer who fabricate a war to distract voters from a presidential scandal. Great movie!

kkfan91

I know many people are split by the later Jurrasic World movies, but the trailer for the 3rd on came out today and looks absolutely amazing

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing with all my heart
No Way Home is both a very overrated movie and a very good movie.

Movie had a ton of heart that only a few other movies in the superhero genre have had, but it’s still an MCU movie.

kkfan91

The Harder They Fall on Netflix was different but I liked it

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
I went and saw a couple of movies yesterday. I didn't care so much for the Death on the Nile, but I did enjoy the Outfit.

gnomesayin

Team Owner
The Batman on HBO Max. πŸ‘πŸ‘

I didn't think I was interested in another Batman film, and I'm honestly sick to death of superhero stuff, especially the formulaic Marvel sitcoms masquerading as cinema.

Started watching it, this is something different. Feels like an homage to Se7en and Zodiac.

sdj

Just a race fan
In the woods (as much as possible) RM LogoType (4)
1650375809684.png

AndyMarquisLive

I didn't think I was interested in another Batman film, and I'm honestly sick to death of superhero stuff, especially the formulaic Marvel sitcoms masquerading as cinema.

Started watching it, this is something different. Feels like an homage to Se7en and Zodiac.

I started watching it last night before going to sleep.

All jokes aside, I like the DC/DCEU movies a lot more than Marvel because there isn't a formula. Unfortunately, there isn't any set direction either.

AndyMarquisLive

Speaking of the DCEU, I recently rewatched Batman v Superman.

If this movie was released a few years later and if Zack Snyder's Justice League was released instead of Joss Whedon's pile of garbage, DC would be firing on all cylinders.

gnomesayin

Team Owner
I started watching it last night before going to sleep.

All jokes aside, I like the DC/DCEU movies a lot more than Marvel because there isn't a formula. Unfortunately, there isn't any set direction either.
I liked several of the first generation Marvel movies just fine. Then it became a never ending colossus of paint by numbers vanity projects.

Finished The Batman. I found the first two hours or so to be genuinely engrossing, and a creative reinterpretation of the material. I really like how much time is spent on Batman as a detective.

The setup is better than the payoff. The third act veers back toward cliche, and none of the spectacle really hits on an action level. It's also overlong by at least half an hour, as almost every major movie is now. Brevity and crisp editing are lost arts. Still quite good and worthwhile overall.

CamelPowered

Jimmy Spencer Never Forgets!
I really enjoyed The Batman. Even though it was quite dark, both literally and figuratively.

I'm convinced Marvel secretly bought all the lighting rigs in Hollywood :XXROFL:

sdj

Just a race fan
In the woods (as much as possible) RM LogoType (4)
I am watching Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Enforcer and Sudden Impact. Got the CD set of 4 discs for 7 bucks delivered, on Amazon. 4 of my favorite Eastwood Movies.
1. I know your asking yourself, did he shoot 5 times or 6, tell ya the truth in all this excitement I can't remember, so, do ya feel lucky, punk.

2. A Man has gotta know his limitations.

AndyMarquisLive

Just finished season 1 of Reacher on Amazon. If you know the books, this is a really good series. They have the correct actor for Jack Reacher this time and the story line closely follows the book.

I've watched the first few episodes and it's great, much better than the movie. Alan Ritchson is much more convincing in the role than Tom Cruise was.

AndyMarquisLive

Saw Top Gun "Maverick" yesterday (AMC Tuesday $6.50 tickets) It was very good, enjoyed it a lot. They turn and burn a lot.

For you young folks here, you need to watch the original Top Gun before you see this one, or you will miss several connections.

Twitter just discovered Jennifer Connelly because of this movie.

Turtle84

underglow
Saw Top Gun "Maverick" yesterday (AMC Tuesday $6.50 tickets) It was very good, enjoyed it a lot. They turn and burn a lot.

For you young folks here, you need to watch the original Top Gun before you see this one, or you will miss several connections.

Just got back from seeing and hadn't been to the movies in years.... I kept my expectations low as I've seen the original more times than I can count.... Wow intensely packed extremely well constructed GREAT movie, rarely does a sequel live up to the billing but this one does.
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Reactions: sdj
Top Bottom