Shawna to run truck race at TMS

P

PettyBenson

Shawna in a truck? UPDATE yep, Aaron's to sponsor and... Shawna Robinson will drive the #3 Team Texas truck at TMS in June if testing goes well (see story below)(4-22-2003)
UPDATE: hearing the sponsor of the truck will be Aaron's with Shawna driving the Aaron's Dream Machine with......a pit crew that will be made up entirely of women. They are in the process of training and practicing to get ready for the event.(4-23-2003)
-----

I think this is a great idea!! I hope all goes well for everyone.

They are practicing the pit stops so they might not be too bad. They won't be cup times btu most of the truck teams are much slower in there pit times.

Her pit crew will do just fine. You don't really think she will make enough laps to actually need to pit do you? :booya:

I hope she does well. Not like I can watch the race b/c I don't have Speed, but hopefully she will get a solid run.

She should have old Morgan Shepherd pit her truck. He would get out of his, pit his truck, eat a sandwich, then pit her truck before getting back into the race.

Originally posted by rpmallen@Apr 24 2003, 03:24 PM
She should have old Morgan Shepherd pit her truck. He would get out of his, pit his truck, eat a sandwich, then pit her truck before getting back into the race.
Shepherd has all of that time because he only runs 30% of the laps. He's an early exit as well. He may need to talk to his sponsor more... :unsure:

:lol: :lol: Well She will need to do something that makes a positive statement so she will get a ride again. I don't think this will go over too well, but who knows ...stranger things have happened in the world of racing!! :unsure:

MAKING THEIR FIRST PIT STOP

The seven women who will work as the pit crew for driver Shawna Robinson in the O'Reilly 400 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race at Texas Motor Speedway on June 6:

Ann Pratt (Fort Worth)— BA in finance, body fitness competitor
Sue Webb (Carrollton)— Fitness trainer, married mom
Gina Tomaseski (Prosper) — Model, fitness spokeswoman, married mom
Shanda Bronston (Garland) — Talent agency owner, competitive runner
Geri Parris (Plano) — Student at Collin County CC
Alaenda Grable (Dallas) — Student at North Texas
Gail Stracener (Plano) — Fitness trainer

It's just a big publicity stunt...it kinda cheapens the whole race & I'd hate to pay money to see it. :rolleyes: Hopefully Tina Gordon will put the 'ol chrome horn to her. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom