short track package should be use on worn surface tracks.

hidesert cowboy

Team Owner
as I watch this new package, I think the problem with it is they are trying to run it on the tracks that didn't need a change in package. california, atlanta, and to a much lesser extent vegas, all have pretty warn out surfaces. This setup doesn't accomplish what they are after when its ran on worn pavement surfaces. All that happens is the cars cluster up on new tires but spread out and no one can go anywhere. If you watch the lap times. once the field spreads out the intervals seemed to stay the same. Take a car running second and put it in 15th and it was going to pretty much stay there. The high abrasive tracks were not the ones with a problem to fix. Its tracks like kansas, and texas after its repave that need this package. This lower power high drag setup actually runs worse than before because of this. I am not saying add a 4th package. I am just saying allow them to run the short track package at these tracks with worn out asphalt. Also something else to think about, they are wanting to encourage the draft. You will get better draft if the cars are going faster. In particular this week at california. I remember seeing quite a bit better drafting ability a couple packages ago. I think that was because the cars were 15-20mph faster in the areas that are the main drafting areas.

Why not just test what you are planning to run at the various tracks prior to the race so you know how the cars will behave?

I’m told over and over again how much money Nascar makes so why can’t they afford to have dedicated test cars and drivers?

Better yet why not go with a high horsepower low downforce package that leaves things in the hands of skilled drivers?

Exactly. The tracks are the problem, not the package. There is no magic package for Charlotte, Michigan, and Texas other than a few kilotons of TNT

Exactly. The tracks are the problem, not the package. There is no magic package for Charlotte, Michigan, and Texas other than a few kilotons of TNT

This package was doomed from the start when they went from 500 to 550 because the drivers wanted separation and some throttle response.

Either way, the engineers were always going to figure out how to make the races boring. They did the same thing with the coveted 2016 package.

The only thing exciting about the new package are the restarts, and because there are almost no organic cautions since the cars are so much easier to drive, those restarts are going to be rare.

Dump the splitter, dump the skew, make them symmetrical on both sides. Give them 700 horsepower, and a 2 inch spoiler. Give them a soft suspension with a little ride height. Basically go back to the cars from 1995-2005. Final step, bomb or bulldoze Kentucky.

Dump the splitter, dump the skew, make them symmetrical on both sides. Give them 700 horsepower, and a 2 inch spoiler. Give them a soft suspension with a little ride height. Basically go back to the cars from 1995-2005. Final step, bomb or bulldoze Kentucky.

yeah man preach it. 95 - 05
iu
9bsrkjp6zqs11.jpg

no comparison to the twisted sisters. But yeah they are getting a bit creative in the rear wheel house areas.
upload_2019-3-18_17-26-49.png

whoops got a bit out of hand in 05 :D but go ahead man preach it like ya see it. These cars have been aero everything for years, ain't nothing going to change history. They are still pulling everything they can get away with..and more. It's coming a DNQ

iu

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-18_17-45-32.png
    upload_2019-3-18_17-45-32.png
    406 KB · Views: 170
With the laser scan technology they now use in Tech Inspection, you'd think it'd be easier to enforce a symmetrical body rule.

whoops got a bit out of hand in 05 :D but go ahead man preach it like ya see it. These cars have been aero everything for years, ain't nothing going to change history. They are still pulling everything they can get away with..and more. It's coming a DNQ

iu
Good job for picking out the one year in my range that the cars started to get skew and body modifications. The racing was still better then, and they didn't have a splitter, didn't have an 8 inch spoiler, and could run side by side and nose to tail at the big tracks better than they have been able to any time since.

Back
Top Bottom