Should Nascar have a Senior Tour

It would tap in a market for sure. I can name several names off the top of my head that would commit.

Yeah something simple, short season, short tracks, in the trucks or something fairly cheap to build would be something I would like to see.

It would tap in a market for sure. I can name several names off the top of my head that would commit.
Yeah .., David Green, Derrick Cope and Morgan Shephard could move from the back to the front.

Safety regulations in the cars.
Understood; Compared to older stuff, current cars are much safer, especially the seat, leg brace and head restraint systems.

I should have been clearer ... my comments here have to do with the aging process that everyone, including racecar drivers, experiences. I would like to see the names of people being considered by posters supportive of this idea.

Seeing some of the old heads go at it for old time's sake is never a bad idea.

I’d love for my favorites to race again. Maybe have them in a weekly go kart league. They can go around to different karting public tracks, make it a weekly episodic type thing.

I don’t know. Something fun could be done, and keep things reasonably safe.

Will the title sponsor be Ensure?, or does that Depends?

They aint nothing stopping them now from running at the local tracks.
Screenshot_20190823-185914_Chrome.jpg

Sterling Marlin

Besides Sterling and maybe Schrader, would anyone else be interested? Jr. seems happy doing one-offs. Has Gordo done anything since he picked up a watch? Tony could have an X ride anytime he wanted but has stuck to dirt.

It's all well to talk of schedules and sponsors, but I dunno if such a series could find a dozen drivers.

I thought it was pretty cool when the Truck Series was kind of a senior tour, made up mostly of former Cup journeymen or has beens, or legends like Harry Gant running part time. The Busch Series was the developmental series where the young guys would move up from ARCA or ASA or Pro Cup or whatever. Now that the Trucks share so many weekends with Cup and Xfinity, it's become a step for the teenagers trying to work their way up the ladder.

I think if you had a series that catered to the older guys and ran standalone events, or maybe even running companion events with the K&N Series, it might be a hit.

They had something similar, like a senior IROC

This vid sent me down a deeeeeeeeep rabbit hole. I'd recommend Who Was Gordon Smiley and The Return of David Pearson. JS.

Understood; Compared to older stuff, current cars are much safer, especially the seat, leg brace and head restraint systems.

I should have been clearer ... my comments here have to do with the aging process that everyone, including racecar drivers, experiences. I would like to see the names of people being considered by posters supportive of this idea.
I figure people like Tony Stewart and Labontes would be rearing to it.

I thought it was pretty cool when the Truck Series was kind of a senior tour, made up mostly of former Cup journeymen or has beens, or legends like Harry Gant running part time. The Busch Series was the developmental series where the young guys would move up from ARCA or ASA or Pro Cup or whatever. Now that the Trucks share so many weekends with Cup and Xfinity, it's become a step for the teenagers trying to work their way up the ladder.

I think if you had a series that catered to the older guys and ran standalone events, or maybe even running companion events with the K&N Series, it might be a hit.

This.

Though admittedly I really enjoy the Truck Series still compared to Xfinity.

They were NOT Late Model Stock Cars. They were USAR Pro Cup cars.
Here is what the article I was referring to says:

The 56-year-old Pearson, a two-time Nationwide Series champion, was knocked unconscious after the car of Charlie Glotzbach slammed into the driver's-side door of Pearson's late model stock car in Turn 2 at the high-speed .533-mile short track. Emergency workers extricated Pearson by cutting the roll cage of his car.
https://us.motorsport.com/nascar/news/larry-pearson-injured-in-bristol-legends-race/2409638/

Here is what the article I was referring to says:

The 56-year-old Pearson, a two-time Nationwide Series champion, was knocked unconscious after the car of Charlie Glotzbach slammed into the driver's-side door of Pearson's late model stock car in Turn 2 at the high-speed .533-mile short track. Emergency workers extricated Pearson by cutting the roll cage of his car.
https://us.motorsport.com/nascar/news/larry-pearson-injured-in-bristol-legends-race/2409638/
Well they were Pro Cup cars.

They ran Late Model Stocks in that race in 2009 when it was run along with the old UARA series. 2010, they ran Pro Cup cars .

Back
Top Bottom