Should NASCAR regulate brakes?

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
Way back when it wasn't uncommon for drivers to give the car a bit of a rest during parts of the race as they were "saving their equipment" for a push closer to the end of the race. It is probably they same with brakes as if you run a lighter brake package you will have to be easier on them if you want them to last the distance. If you feel that is the best way to go then so be it and if you feel using a heavier brake package gives you an advantage then that is fine too. Let the teams decide what works as Nascar has taken enough away from them already.......IMO.

NO. NASCAR regulates too much as it is. It should be on the drivers to conserve their equipment. Let the teams decide what compound they want to run and let them race.

Can't believe teams are choosing the brakes as the thing they want to push the "envelope" on... I'm all for a team finding an advantage, but give your driver a better chance to finish the race...

To me it is kind of like the lug nut problems. I'd go with the just telling the drivers and owners that we hope you don't maim your driver or some other driver by trying to cut corners.

It is self regulating. The teams put in the brake package that they deem appropriate for each track. If they get it wrong they don't finish the race. Otherwise, as Skoabandit pointed out, the driver might have to preserve the equipment.

Restricting the airflow to the brakes may have been more of an issue than the brakes themselves ........... the need for speed

Nascar does need to regulate the breaks a lot better than the currently do.

First there are the competition cautions, and the segment breaks are already built in, while we waste for the segment winners interview.
They dont even give out any monster energy girl eye candy during those down times, for a starving fan.

Time for the idiocy to stop.

Nascar does need to regulate the breaks a lot better than the currently do.

First there are the competition cautions, and the segment breaks are already built in, while we waste for the segment winners interview.
They dont even give out any monster energy girl eye candy during those down times, for a starving fan.

Time for the idiocy to stop.
Uh, he said 'brakes', not 'breaks', Emily.

No, and even the teams feel same way, according to Chad Kanus when he was on Race Hub after the Poco-doh race

Regulate, regulate, regulate....... when is Nascar going to stop wanting to regulate every single nut and bolt on cars...... ?????

I am sick and tired of all the nit picking regulations that they have the teams hamstrung to adhere to.....

Regulate, regulate, regulate....... when is Nascar going to stop wanting to regulate every single nut and bolt on cars...... ?????
Nascar said NO to the regulations of brakes. End of problem until the fans start a new whining session.

I am sick and tired of all the nit picking regulations that they have the teams hamstrung to adhere to.....

Back
Top Bottom