Should NASCAR run Sunday night races in the summer?

Should NASCAR run Sunday night races in the summer?

• Yes

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That’s fine & dandy, but there’s overall less eyeballs than 1 PM & 4:25 PM football games especially.

My sources are inaccurate and old, but I can’t imagine too much has changed in the NFL since 2013 unlike NASCAR.

NBC’S “SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL” FINISHES TV SEASON AS PRIMETIME’S NO. 1 SHOW FOR RECORD 11TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR​

NBC’S “SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL” FINISHES TV SEASON AS PRIMETIME’S NO. 1 SHOW FOR RECORD 11TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR​

What’s the TV viewership & ratings for the 1 PM & 4:25 games on CBS & Fox.

I know many football fans who only support their team and would consider watching NASCAR.

if the track has lights-----then yes

but then who would stay over and attend a Monday race if it was delayed

Same people if it rained out the day race
Honestly I know there are exceptions, and at times it’s true when people say “well they had a window today” and should have ran the race earlier etc.

But more often than not, when a race is delayed they wouldn’t have been able to get a whole race in anyway no matter what time. They do try and it takes quite a lot of rain etc for one to actually be postponed. Especially if a track has lights.

Honestly I know there are exceptions, and at times it’s true when people say “well they had a window today” and should have ran the race earlier etc.

But more often than not, when a race is delayed they wouldn’t have been able to get a whole race in anyway no matter what time. They do try and it takes quite a lot of rain etc for one to actually be postponed. Especially if a track has lights.
Right, folks need to understand its not billybob speedway on a saturday night and you have major tv networks that spend a lot of money to broadcast the race and they sell ads to sponsors who expect a decent ROI by running the race at the advertised time slot. Sure NASCAR can bump up or back by 30 minuets but running the race hours before the scheduled time just wont happen.

Tomorrow night, with nothing sports wise on at all because MLB is on break after tonight’s All Star Race would be a ratings grabber I’d bet. NASCAR would own “The Day After The MLB All Star Game”

I don't think Nascar and the networks have ever paid much attention to other sports when they schedule their races in all the years I have watched.. Nascar is one of the more steady runners as far as ratings go, and it doesn't matter when they schedule a race they get decent numbers. I think Indycar pays attention to not conflict with Nascar races. It seldom happens that they are on at the same time. I know dirt racing, the Outlaws and USAC don't pay attention to anything.

I think it’d be an opportunity to get more eyeballs on the sport from the non racing fans if they ran something tomorrow night.

Tomorrow night, with nothing sports wise on at all because MLB is on break after tonight’s All Star Race would be a ratings grabber I’d bet. NASCAR would own “The Day After The MLB All Star Game”
*All Star Game

Check out the list of drivers that will participate this year!!

Part-time SRX drivers this year are Ron Capps from NHRA, Helio Castroneves, Josef Newgarden and Tony Kanaan from IndyCar; and Greg Biffle, Kyle Busch, Clint Bowyer, Austin Dillon, Denny Hamlin, Kevin Harvick, Kasey Kahne, Matt Kenseth and Daniel Suarez from NASCAR.

I love night racing any night of the week Summer, spring or winter. 🤠

I think the Richmond race Sunday is another one that should be a night race if it's going to remain in its current spot on the schedule. It's going to be in the low 90's Sunday afternoon. Make it another Sunday night race before NFL preseason gets started.

Back
Top Bottom