Should there be a road course in the chase?

SlicedBread22

#TeamJL
I think so. The best of the best on all track types is what the chase should be. I think it'd be awesome if they came to Montreal in the summer and went to Sonoma in the chase. I would say Watkins Glen in the chase but it might be too cold there at that time of year.

I say yes. It'd be a great test and possibly a pivot point in the Chase. Like you said, they have a good selection of track types in the Chase - restrictor plates, short track, regular speedway. Drop a road course in there and you'd be golden.

Road Atlanta would be a good NASCAR road course. It's a fast course with some demanding spots that's right in the heart of NASCAR country. And, if I recall, ISC already owns Road Atlanta.

deadhorse.jpg

yep ! take ya pick which track.

champ should have ta run 1 road course outa 10 in chase.

of course there should be, it would keep the "ol' Moonshiner" image alive. Need a "revenuer" at the back of the pack for the pace car. cars would be required to have 40 pounds of liquid ballast in the trunk, Bud, Miller lite, 5 hour and monster energy are on board. Jimmy and Matt would carry the still parts, copper and wood.

of course there should be, it would keep the "ol' Moonshiner" image alive. Need a "revenuer" at the back of the pack for the pace car. cars would be required to have 40 pounds of liquid ballast in the trunk, Bud, Miller lite, 5 hour and monster energy are on board. Jimmy and Matt would carry the still parts, copper and wood.

hope eddie gossage don't read this ! ha!

Yes. I believe all of the track types should be represented in the Chase, including road courses. It doesn't make much sense not to do that.

Yeah or even Road America. I just love that first couple turns at Montreal I wish they stilled went there.

I love Road America. Located in my home state of Wisconsin. Seen tons of great racing there. I think it's best road course in North America - bar none.

But, it's privately owned and NASCAR seems to enjoy tracks sending Cup races to tracks owned by ISC/SMI (minus Pocono, Indy and Dover).

Also, the Chase is not a great time for holding races in Wisconsin. I don't think Road America has anything scheduled past late September usually. Unless Goodyear wants to make snow tires and we can see the first Cup race in the snow. (Rally racing in 3400 pound stock cars, oh god the humanity).

I love Road America. Located in my home state of Wisconsin. Seen tons of great racing there. I think it's best road course in North America - bar none.

But, it's privately owned and NASCAR seems to enjoy tracks sending Cup races to tracks owned by ISC/SMI (minus Pocono, Indy and Dover).

Also, the Chase is not a great time for holding races in Wisconsin. I don't think Road America has anything scheduled past late September usually. Unless Goodyear wants to make snow tires and we can see the first Cup race in the snow. (Rally racing in 3400 pound stock cars, oh god the humanity).
Yeah that's why I think if any it would be Sonoma, it's not the best time of year to be at the Glen either.

I hate the chase and would like to see it go completely. But if we must have it, then I agree we need to add a road course to the chase schedule and make it more diverse. Drivers who win the championship should be good at every type of track..

Even though the road course races are not my favorite races I don't have a problem with having one during the chase. It would show a little more versalitity from the teams.

Yeah, I would love to see Glen or America in the chase but realisticly the best NASCAR could probably do is Sonoma in the chase, which still works. Good excuse to take out Chicago, too.

Back
Top Bottom