SHR files suit against Nature's Bakery for breach of contract

The original contract was worth a lot of money. Wasn't it like almost 50 million dollars for like 3 years?

It was an overzealous move by a growing company and now they did not realize just how expensive it is to sponsor. Danica will find another sponsor, but this is really not good for her or the SHR team.

The original contract was worth a lot of money. Wasn't it like almost 50 million dollars for like 3 years?

It was an overzealous move by a growing company and now they did not realize just how expensive it is to sponsor. Danica will find another sponsor, but this is really not good for her or the SHR team.
$15.2 year + other crap. So $50M is about right.

I cant see your tweet at work @KTMLew01
Would really like to know if NB is gonna be on her car,,,,Im so confused and worried

I think Danica will stop IMHO.

She's already shown her displeasure about the schedule and this gives more incentive to let go of NASCAR altogether. I hope she doesn't, but I think this is past the point of no return for Danica. I mean not unless if another sponsor is willing to put that much money forward again.

Money was the primary reason for the 10 team, if no money is There and Gene is looking at this situation... Do you really think he will keep the team open? I'm just being honest, I enjoy Danica and what she brings to the table. Without the cash she is really in trouble, her career is in jeopardy with this move.

I think Danica will stop IMHO.

She's already shown her displeasure about the schedule and this gives more incentive to let go of NASCAR altogether. I hope she doesn't, but I think this is past the point of no return for Danica. I mean not unless if another sponsor is willing to put that much money forward again.

Money was the primary reason for the 10 team, if no money is There and Gene is looking at this situation... Do you really think he will keep the team open? I'm just being honest, I enjoy Danica and what she brings to the table. Without the cash she is really in trouble, her career is in jeopardy with this move.

I dont have danica-glasses on, and I know the danger here. This is why I think we will see her in a car for 2017 but after that......I am VERY VERY worried.

What I can't figure is how no one saw this coming....... Stevie Wonder could have seen it from a mile away...... I think I read somewhere that this was a 100 million dollar a year GROSS company... Danica lost her sugar daddy with Go Daddy..... A 100 million dollar gross company that thinks they can sponsor a Cup car have to be imbeciles.... and SHR should have seen this going in... It's just like the home mortgage crisis of 2008..... both parties are responsible for being naive and irrersponsible to think the money was there.... 50/50 blame... should be no lawsuit because SHR was dumber than a rock to think they would get paid...... they should have done their research...... Reminds me a whole lot of when Bobby Ginn jumped in and thought he had more money than God..... he didn't last long enough for the water to get hot.....

Good luck to SHR to get blood out of a turnip..... they might as well just lick their wounds and admit they were really stupid and didn't do any research before signing the deal with a company that had no chance in hell of paying.....

What I can't figure is how no one saw this coming....... Stevie Wonder could have seen it from a mile away...... I think I read somewhere that this was a 100 million dollar a year GROSS company... Danica lost her sugar daddy with Go Daddy..... A 100 million dollar gross company that thinks they can sponsor a Cup car have to be imbeciles.... and SHR should have seen this going in... It's just like the home mortgage crisis of 2008..... both parties are responsible for being naive and irrersponsible to think the money was there.... 50/50 blame... should be no lawsuit because SHR was dumber than a rock to think they would get paid...... they should have done their research...... Reminds me a whole lot of when Bobby Ginn jumped in and thought he had more money than God..... he didn't last long enough for the water to get hot.....

Good luck to SHR to get blood out of a turnip..... they might as well just lick their wounds and admit they were really stupid and didn't do any research before signing the deal with a company that had no chance in hell of paying.....

Apparently there were payment issues from the start. Lots of re-negotiation.

NB signed a legal document. They are trying to weasel out of it. I can't see this going in anyway except SHR's.

NB signed a legal document. They are trying to weasel out of it. I can't see this going in anyway except SHR's.
As i posted on twitter, IMO NB got what they wanted in the first 6 months after announcing the sponsorship. Never intended to pay for 3 years. But hard to prove.

As i posted on twitter, IMO NB got what they wanted in the first 6 months after announcing the sponsorship. Never intended to pay for 3 years. But hard to prove.

yeah...what a d_ _k move. :mad:

Well this does suck for Danica , and not a good way to start the year, but I am not surprised, it sounds like this small company bit off more than they could chew, or would that bought more than they could afford?.

That's why I think SHR was just as much at fault as Nature's Bakery... they should have done their research to know that this company could not possibly afford to go forward with this sponsorship deal.... They should have been more responsible ...... but.... after Go Daddy.... (Danica's sugar daddy that she brought with her)....... bailed... they panicked....... no one in the wings to fund her.....

She's in deep doo- doo now.....

It ain't gonna' be pretty because I can't see how either Tony or Gene will bankroll 20 million just to see her ride around.....

Good thing she had some spectacular years making really good money...... started her own company or whatever.... hopefully she saved a bunch.....

NB is whoring out to Sams club for rock bottom prices, writing is on the wall.

A bunch of us questioned this sponsorship when it was announced as it was a teeny weeny company acting like P&G. I have never seen NB's product in the stores I shop but if affiliating with DP got them into stores like Walmart then it is mission accomplished and they don't need her anymore.

I wonder if Haas Automation will be on the 10 and 41 quite a bit this year?

That's why I think SHR was just as much at fault as Nature's Bakery... they should have done their research to know that this company could not possibly afford to go forward with this sponsorship deal.... They should have been more responsible ...... but.... after Go Daddy.... (Danica's sugar daddy that she brought with her)....... bailed... they panicked....... no one in the wings to fund her.....

She's in deep doo- doo now.....

It ain't gonna' be pretty because I can't see how either Tony or Gene will bankroll 20 million just to see her ride around.....

Good thing she had some spectacular years making really good money...... started her own company or whatever.... hopefully she saved a bunch.....
Yep. Unlikely they'd run her out of their own pockets. You will see that occasionally for race winning caliber drivers. The biggest appeal with Danica was the money. Danica without the money is....Dare I say....Timmy Hill?

A bunch of us questioned this sponsorship when it was announced as it was a teeny weeny company acting like P&G. I have never seen NB's product in the stores I shop but if affiliating with DP got them into stores like Walmart then it is mission accomplished and they don't need her anymore.

I wonder if Haas Automation will be on the 10 and 41 quite a bit this year?
I can see Haas being on the 41..... The 10???????????

Nah.... I think that's a stretch.... if there isn't money coming in within a few races.... the team folds..... it would be a really bad business move to pour millions into dry well....

Back
Top Bottom