Silly Season 2015

WhiningSmoke

Team Owner
I'm not sure if anyone's noticed, but the 2015 silly season has the potential to be as crazy as 2013's. Here's a list of free agents after the season.

#1 Jamie McMurray
#5 Kasey Kahne
#10 Danica Patrick
#11 Denny Hamlin
#13 Casey Mears
#17 Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
#22 Joey Logano
#48 Jimmie Johnson
#55 Brian Vickers
#78 Martin Truex, Jr.

Obviously Logano and Johnson are definitely staying with Penske and Hendrick respectively, but other than that I can see everyone else on this list getting the boot from their team. By the way, I know I'm going to be told "You should've waited 16 more months to make this thread" and everything so save it.;)

By the way, I know I'm going to be told "You should've waited 16 more months to make this thread" and everything so save it.;)

August is the traditional start of silly season, so you're technically 21 days late. Although with Twitter, silly season is 365/24 so, who cares.

August is the traditional start of silly season, so you're technically 21 days late. Although with Twitter, silly season is 365/24 so, who cares.

Well this thread is discussing next year's silly season, not the silly season currently taking place.

Well this thread is discussing next year's silly season, not the silly season currently taking place.
h0ABE1676

#1 Jamie McMurray: I think he will get resigned, he's running fairly well with Keith Rodden as a crew chief.
#5 Kasey Kahne: I hope he gets resigned, and I think he will, but he needs to have a good year next year.
#10 Danica Patrick: Danica isn't going anywhere.
#11 Denny Hamlin: I see Denny getting resigned.
#13 Casey Mears: Mears may get the boot, no clue where he'll go.
#17 Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.: I see Ricky getting the boot too, just not measuring up to everybody's expectations.
#22 Joey Logano: Joey will be resigned I'm sure.
#48 Jimmie Johnson: He'll forever be with HMS.
#55 Brian Vickers: Vickers will probably stay, he runs decent.
#78 Martin Truex, Jr.: I see Martin going elsewhere after 2015.

#1 Jamie McMurray
#5 Kasey Kahne
#10 Danica Patrick
#11 Denny Hamlin
#13 Casey Mears
#17 Ricky Stenhouse, Jr
#22 Joey Logano
#48 Jimmie Johnson
#55 Brian Vickers
#78 Martin Truex, Jr

I think Kasey and Stenhouse are likely gone after next season. Everyone else will stay where they are.

Maybe we can keep it a prediction type thread that we can look back on next year and see how close we were.
I have these noted already in my personal team chart...cough nerd I know but this is what I have as far as crazy prediction probably not going to happen but still fun to speculate
1-Truex jr.
5- changes to 9 for chase elliott
9- changes to 44 for Ragan
10-Stenhouse -danica gets pregnant if she can????
11-Kahne
13-Scott
14-Hamlin...Stewart retires
17-McMurray
22-Logano
33-Ty Dillon
44-RPM Ambrose back to Australia
48-Johnson
55-Bubba Wallace
78-Vickers

I see everyone staying put, except for possibly Vickers returning to HMS? In good equipment he would be competing for wins every week.

17fastenal-2015-rfrfb.jpg
Stenhouse is staying with Roush. The revealed the Fastenal car a few days ago and he was standing next to it, with his name on the windshield.
Were talking starting in 2016
...and vickers wouldnt return to HMS they are set until atleast 2018 if Gordon and or Earnhardt retire

#1 Jamie McMurray: I think he will get resigned, he's running fairly well with Keith Rodden as a crew chief.
#5 Kasey Kahne: I hope he gets resigned, and I think he will, but he needs to have a good year next year.
#10 Danica Patrick: Danica isn't going anywhere.
#11 Denny Hamlin: I see Denny getting resigned.
#13 Casey Mears: Mears may get the boot, no clue where he'll go.
#17 Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.: I see Ricky getting the boot too, just not measuring up to everybody's expectations.
#22 Joey Logano: Joey will be resigned I'm sure.
#48 Jimmie Johnson: He'll forever be with HMS.
#55 Brian Vickers: Vickers will probably stay, he runs decent.
#78 Martin Truex, Jr.: I see Martin going elsewhere after 2015.
I saw an interview in passing today with Kasey and he seemed pissed about some question that was asked and he gave a short answer and just walked away. Did you see it? If so, what was it all about?

McMurray - Stays with CGR; Kwasniewski won't be ready by then
Kahne - SHR; #5 goes to Chase Elliott
Patrick - Gone
Hamlin - Stays with JGR; lots of talent waiting in the wings though so only a short extension (one or two years)
Mears - Stays with Germain
Stenhouse - Gone
Logano - Stays with Penske
Johnson - Stays with HMS
Vickers - Short extension with MWR until Brett Moffitt is ready
Truex Jr. - RFR; #78 goes to Brian Scott

I wouldn't be shocked to see Kasey Kahne get picked up by Roush to take the #17 car.

But there is no doubt in my mind Kasey's done after next season. He's just holding Chase Elliott's spot. Look for Rick to get Chase into some Sprint Cup stuff for a few races next season.

With the sponsorship agreements and extensions on the 24 car, I'm not sure how anybody can possibly think that Kasey isn't going to be given the boot after next season. Junior's contract runs through 2017, Johnson isn't going anywhere, and Gordon apparently isn't either. There's no reason for Kahne to continue to be at HMS unless he wins the championship or something next season, which isn't likely to happen. In that case, I could see Hendrick lending Chase to Ganassi or SHR if Danica leaves.

Danica isn't leaving unless the sponsors dry up and that's a little soon for that to happen. If you're talking Kahne after next season, I could see him getting the boot for Chase unless they secretly fund Harry Scott's team or something to take him on.

I saw an interview in passing today with Kasey and he seemed pissed about some question that was asked and he gave a short answer and just walked away. Did you see it? If so, what was it all about?
Yeah I saw it, I think he was being asked a stupid question like if he feels any pressure to get into the chase since he's currently out and without a win, and his teammates have 9 wins combined.

Idk where everybody will end up starting 2016, but I think it will be an exciting time for NASCAR. New talent coming along, and hopefully a better aero package and new tracks on the schedule. Should make for exciting racing.

I say the #17 belongs to Chris Buescher.

Chris Buescher is a bit further away than Chase Elliott. But it might be. That wouldn't be too difficult, Roush could put Kahne in the 99. Roush doesn't mind having more teams. Remember they were the last team with 5 guys.

I'm not sure if anyone's noticed, but the 2015 silly season has the potential to be as crazy as 2013's. Here's a list of free agents after the season.

#1 Jamie McMurray
#5 Kasey Kahne
#10 Danica Patrick
#11 Denny Hamlin
#13 Casey Mears
#17 Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
#22 Joey Logano
#48 Jimmie Johnson
#55 Brian Vickers
#78 Martin Truex, Jr.

Obviously Logano and Johnson are definitely staying with Penske and Hendrick respectively, but other than that I can see everyone else on this list getting the boot from their team. By the way, I know I'm going to be told "You should've waited 16 more months to make this thread" and everything so save it.;)
Good lord. The hen aint even laid this years egg yet.

I think he'll have a better 2015, Which will lead to a contract extension imo. I'm hoping the new rules package will play into his liking next year too.
Hendrick would be foolish to let him go when he has 3 other drivers closer to end of their careers then Kasey is. Chase is destined for the 24 car not the 5.

There is absolutely 0 chance Kasey Kahne is brought back. Regardless of whether Chase is ready or not.

There is absolutely 0 chance Kasey Kahne is brought back. Regardless of whether Chase is ready or not.
Why are you in charge of HMS? Kasey will finish his career at least 10 years from now with HMS. Gordon is the next HMS driver out the door.

Why are you in charge of HMS? Kasey will finish his career at least 10 years from now with HMS. Gordon is the next HMS driver out the door.
It's a little early to be that drunk. That is unless you live where Clutch does then it's okay. :D

No ones arguing that Jeff Gordon isn't near the end of his career.

But Kasey Kahne, quite frankly hasn't been good enough to earn another contract with the big boys. Just another blurb in the history of HMS. Looks like Rick has to keep searching for his Terry Labonte replacement.

But Kasey Kahne, quite frankly hasn't been good enough to earn another contract with the big boys. Just another blurb in the history of HMS. Looks like Rick has to keep searching for his Terry Labonte replacement.
2 years 2 Chase appearances 4 wins. Jr 7 seasons 5 wins, 2 20+points finishes. You can not write Kasey off for one rough season. People act like Kasey is the worst driver to get in a good cup ride take the blinders off.

Nor is Kasey popular enough to bring in merch sales like Jr.

^ He's not goinig anywhere.

In two years before Kasey has 4 wins, 22 top 5s, 4 poles. Thats not bad, its been an off season for the guy. He has money behind him and I think he will be fine. If, Rick was patient with Mark, Kyle, and Casey Mears... Kasey will have one more year, I think Chase will stay put for another year. He has to perform, but seeing how Kasey was pretty good at RPM and Red Bull... I cannot see why he can't do well at HMS. With JR, Johnson, and Gordon performing... He might just not be receiving that same attention. He was performing well until he and Dale changed sides of the HMS shop.

He's done good to get an extension, he just has to find out what is wrong and Kenny Francis as well.

Nor is Kasey popular enough to bring in merch sales like Jr.
From Jayski about last years most popular drivers.

"The final top-10 drivers, in order of votes received were: Earnhardt Jr., Kasey Kahne, Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Danica Patrick, Jimmie Johnson, Kevin Harvick, Matt Kenseth, Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards."

"The final top-10 drivers, in order of votes received were: Earnhardt Jr., Kasey Kahne, Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Danica Patrick, Jimmie Johnson, Kevin Harvick, Matt Kenseth, Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards."

He forgets a lot of Kasey's fans are female... That accounts for a huge part of it.

If Jr gets these opportunities, I think Kasey deserves another shot.

He forgets a lot of Kasey's fans are female... That accounts for a huge part of it.

If Jr gets these opportunities, I think Kasey deserves another shot.
Over the years though I've seen more and more of my fellow males with Kasey stuff.

2 years 2 Chase appearances 4 wins. Jr 7 seasons 5 wins, 2 20+points finishes. You can not write Kasey off for one rough season. People act like Kasey is the worst driver to get in a good cup ride take the blinders off.

Kasey isnt the worst driver.

But Chase Elliott is going to be better and will need a NSCS spot. Kasey is the worst driver of the bunch and his contract is up the soonest. May not be fair, but it's the likely outcome.

Votes dont make money. Go to the merch haulers & look who has the longer lines.

Back
Top Bottom