Silly Season

B

BebiF1

As I see things as of now, these are the possibilities for next year.

Ferrari-
1. MS
2. RB

McLaren-
1. DC
2. KR

Williams-
1. RS
2. JPM

Sauber-
1. Fisichella
2. Massa

Jordan-
hopefuls- Firman, McNish, Frentzen, Irvine, Verstappen, Baumgartner

Jaguar-
1. Mark Webber
hopefuls- Wilson, Kiesa, Wurz

Toyota-
1. Da Matta
2. Panis

Minardi-
hopefuls- Kiesa, Verstappen

BAR-
1. Jensen Button
hopefuls- Villenueve, Sato, Davidson

Renault-
1. Fernando Alonso
2. Jarno Trulli

*Other unreported drivers on the market- Zlobin, Bobbie, Bruni, Zonta, Montagny, de la Rosa, Gene, Bodoer, Enge, Bell.

Originally posted by BebiF1@Aug 11 2003, 01:36 PM
As I see things as of now, these are the possibilities for next year.

Ferrari-
1. MS
2. RB
hopefuls- Giancarlo, Burti

McLaren-
hopefuls- DC, KR, JPM, Wurz

Williams-
1. RS
hopefuls- JPM, Mark Webber

Sauber-
hopefuls- HH Frentzen, Giancarlo, Heidfeld, McNish, Verstappen

Jordan-
hopefuls- Firman, Giancarlo, McNish, Frentzen, Irvine, Verstappen, Baumgartner

Jaguar-
1. Mark Webber
hopefuls- Wilson, Kiesa, Couthard, Wurz

Toyota-
1. Da Matta
hopefuls- Panis, Kiesa

Minardi-
hopefuls- Kiesa, Verstappen

BAR-
1. Jensen Button
hopefuls- Villenueve, Sato, Davidson

Renault-
1. Fernando Alonso
2. Jarno Trulli
hopefuls- McNish

*Other unreported drivers on the market- Zlobin, Bobbie, Bruni, Zonta, Montagny, de la Rosa, Gene, Bodoer, Enge, Bell.
Toyotas Line-up is confirmed now for the 2004 season as being the same as it is now. BAR looks set to drop JV and Sato looks sure to join in his place. Willams I think will keep their current line-up. Mclaren may drop DC and replace him with Wurz. Jaguar are likely to stay as they are now providing Wilson can prove himself. Minardi are likely to retain Kiesa and replace Verstappen with someone else, perhaps new F3000 Bjorn Wirdheim. Jordan will probably keep their current line-up. Sauber may drop HHF and replace him with Felippe Massa. Ferrari have confirmed their driving line-up will be the same for 2004 as it is now.

Most likely other drivers to make it into F1 if any are. Bruno Junqeria, Sebastian Bourdais, Tomas Enge, Gorgio Pantano, Bjorn Wirdheim, Frank Montangy, Ryan Briscoe, Satoshi Motoyama, Stephane Sarrizan. Now if they are lucky maybe 2 or 3 may make it into a F1 drive...

Oh as for ur list of drivers bidding to make it into F1.

Zonta? Well maybe but I belive hes happy testing for Renault F1. Matteo Bobbi? Hmm again doubtful he has said he is happy in FIA GT and is looking to secure a drive with the new factory Maserati team for 2004. Marc Gene? Well hes ok, but hes been in F1 before and didnt do enough to keep him a place so I dont see why hed get back in now. Giammri Bruni? Well hes ok, hes 2nd in Euro F3000 (the older ex Int F3000 cars) but he coudnt cut it in Int F3000 so I doubt he could make it to F1. Tomas Enge? Well yeah Id like to think he could make it into F1, he has the talent but he is a risk, ever since he smoked weed in F3000 and lost the championship people have wanted to touch him with a barge pole, F1 is a long shot for him now I think, but he has a great future in sportscars as hes proving at the moment. Townsend Bell? Well hes doing OK in F3000 at the moment but hasnt really shone, hes scored a couple of points but heh he needs to do more, hes not getting any younger either. Hed be a bit of a risk for a F1 team to take on. De La Rosa? Hmm well he didnt do great in F1 when he was there so I dont see him doing any better now. Also when the new season starts he will be 33. Luca Badoer? Well maybe, but hes not been doing any racing recently, but hes been linked to a factory drive with the new Maserati team thats entering the FIA GT series for 2004.

Ferrari-
1. M.Schumacher
2. R.Barrichello

McLaren-
1.K.Räikkönen
2.D.Coulthard

Williams-
1. J.P.Montoya
2.R.Schumacher

Sauber-
1. G.Fisichella
2. F.Massa

Jordan-
1.A.Wurz
2.R.Firman

Jaguar-
1. M.Webber
2.J.Wilson

Toyota-
1.O. Panis
2.C.Da Matta

Minardi-
1.Verstappen
2.Kiesa

BAR-
1. J.Button
2.T. Sato

Renault-
1. J. Trulli
2. F. Alonso

Bye bye to

N.Heidfeld
H.Harald-Frentzen
J.Villeneuve

Saleen. It is not needed to critize the people listed. All of the people on that list are up for seats as tester or driver, or on their way out of F1. Most of the seats are filled, marked by the numbers, but most of all it shows the variety of drivers and really how many are involved. There are probably another 2 dozen drivers I could name that could be successful in F1, from all types of Motor racing, but the chart shows who has been talking with who in the last few months.

I think Thor has the best lineup. Looks like a winner to me.

Oh but I wasnt critising, merley stating facts. I work in the F3000 with a team, (who I cannot name) With no disrespect meant to u or anyone else here I sincerly doubt that anyone here would know as much about Single seater racing. I have had first hand experince of working in the industry, and have worked with a couple of the drivers listed, namely Tomas Enge and Ricardo Zonta in the past. If u want to go on talent alone here is a list of drivers most likely to make it into F1 within the next 3 years. I wont list their bios as it will take far too long.

Bjorn Wirdheim, Gorgio Pantano, Ryan Briscoe, Fabio Carbone, Frank Montangy, Robbie Kerr, Garrey Paffet, Satoshi Motoyama, Sebastian Bourdais, Bruno Junqeria, Ricardo Sperafico, Jamie Green, Olivier Pla, Nico Rosberg, Alan Van Der Merwe, Vintanio Luizzi, Andre Lotterer, Richard Lyons.

Now, if u go away and look at the websites for the, European F3 series, British F3 Series, SWS, F3000, Formula Nippon, and CART u will find all these drivers. These are the feeding sources for F1, and are the most likely candidates to make it into F1, and stay there.

Those five will be soon in F1
Heikki Kovalainen, Sebastian Bourdais, Bruno Junqeria, Nico Rosberg, Bjorn Wirdheim,
I guess your team is
SUPER NOVA RACING LTD

Firstly I cant tell u who I work for, I wish I could but I cant. Secondly I dont own a team lol. I merley work for 1. And Im not that important in the team either really, just a general dogs body. But still I work for the team. If not in a professional capacity. Out of the 5 drivers u have listed the 2 with the best chance of making it into F1 if u ask me are Sebastian Bourdais and Bruno Junqeria. Its too early to tell if Piquet JNR has the talent for F1 really, but if he carrys on the way he is he will make it I think. But he hasnt progressed as far as Junqeria or Bourdais. But then neither has Wirdheim, but he is testing for Willams BMW now.

I agree with everyone except Bourdais. I dont quite know what it is about him, but I just cant see him in F1. If these youngsters are to be the next stars of tomorrow then they need to do what Wierdhiem is, and get testing roles. They need a year of experience testing before they can go to a Gp one weekend and pull out great stradigies and results. I think that sticking young drivers into very new situations is a very hard thing to do. Look at Kiesa. He stalled the car leaving the pits, and couldnt figure out how to get it into gear at the start of Hungary. We need drivers that know what they are doing. And dont get me wrong. There are plenty of them out there, they just never seem to get their chance.

Back
Top Bottom