Sim Racing games...

Which Nascar simulator game do you have?

• Nascar Racing( 02,03 )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EA Sports Game

• Other

• I don't have a Nascar sim game

• Total voters
W

Ward Burton

Which Nascar simulator game do you have? I have Nascar 2002, but I might soon get Nascar Racing 2003.

I don't have one, but if I were to get one, what would be the best to get?

Well It depends, EA games have more features and gameplay advancements, but I think that the Nascar Racing ( 02,03, ) game-s are better. They have better graphics, and more realistic race track features.( ex. Bump up high in turn 1 at Kansas )

2 SCREENSHOT FROM NASCAR RACING 2003:
sie_nascar2003_ss3.jpg
sie_nascar2003_ss1.jpg

I have NASCAR Racing 2002. I need to do a couple upgrades to my gaming PC before I get NASCAR Racing 2003, because otherwise it would run like crap.

Strids...we should race each other sometime on the multiplayer...do you want to sometime?

Unfortunately, no can do. My gaming computer doesn't have an internet connection to it (parents...grrrrrrrrr). If I ever manage to get that pc online, though, I'll contact you and we can set up a game.

Originally posted by stridsberry@Apr 30 2003, 01:35 PM
Unfortunately, no can do. My gaming computer doesn't have an internet connection to it (parents...grrrrrrrrr). If I ever manage to get that pc online, though, I'll contact you and we can set up a game.
Thats too bad, I always like to challenge people on there, you cant even hardly touch me in Atlanta or at Rockingham!! :p

I got Thunder 03.. i have a lot of fun on it... hey ward22 i'm doing a season as Ward and i'm currently in 2nd place in points with 3 wins! stupid DJ, he's ahead by 2 points... going to Dega i'll see if i can make it 4 wins!

Originally posted by Zekk@May 9 2003, 05:20 PM
I got Thunder 03.. i have a lot of fun on it... hey ward22 i'm doing a season as Ward and i'm currently in 2nd place in points with 3 wins! stupid DJ, he's ahead by 2 points... going to Dega i'll see if i can make it 4 wins!
Awesome, see what Ward can do! :D How is the thunder game? Is it pretty good?, and what are some of the things in it?...I am just wondering, because I have been thinking about getting the new EA game when it comes out.

Whats ya name on there budro?
I race online all the time with Nascar Season 2003..

Ward22, it has a mode where you race against the clock to unlock new tracks and new paint scemes.. uh, career mode where you have 20 seasons and you're incharge of everthing, from racing to hiring pit men.. and then of course season and normal 1 race. then there are a lot of situations where you are thrown into a race with an objective that happened for really in the 2001 season.. i think you should get it, i have a lot of fun with it. :D

Originally posted by Zekk@May 28 2003, 02:56 PM
Ward22, it has a mode where you race against the clock to unlock new tracks and new paint scemes.. uh, career mode where you have 20 seasons and you're incharge of everthing, from racing to hiring pit men.. and then of course season and normal 1 race. then there are a lot of situations where you are thrown into a race with an objective that happened for really in the 2001 season.. i think you should get it, i have a lot of fun with it. :D
Do you have the PC game or Playstation 1, or 2...what console?

I have 03, is it possible to play only 2 or 3 players on line, Is it diffucult to set up if i'm the host? never played online yet

Originally posted by Bucky Badger@Jun 7 2003, 06:59 PM
I have 03, is it possible to play only 2 or 3 players on line, Is it diffucult to set up if i'm the host? never played online yet
It isnt too difficult...when and if you race online...you will find that the cars on the track, jump around a lot. This happens in every online race...you do it as well...but you wont notice. It is possible...if you host a race, then you can make how ever many cars you want to enter. If not...you may race up to 43 other online racers.

I think I might go ahead and get it for PC, I have rented it for Playstation 2.

Originally posted by ward22@Jun 24 2003, 09:22 PM
Ward 22, just to help you out if you think the Console version and PC are the same game.
The PC version is missing a lot of the stuff that's on the console's version. Also almost everyone I know who has played the console version and the PC version say the PC one's horrible. It doesn't have career mode and the only bonus track it comes with is Daytona Beach. A different developer did the PC version, the console version is developed by Tiburon. Also, this game hardly has any community support compared to NASCAR 2003. If you wait till September when NASCAR Thunder 2004 comes out, The PC version will have career mode.

Originally posted by park30fan+Jun 26 2003, 09:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (park30fan @ Jun 26 2003, 09:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ward22@Jun 24 2003, 09:22 PM
Ward 22, just to help you out if you think the Console version and PC are the same game.
The PC version is missing a lot of the stuff that's on the console's version. Also almost everyone I know who has played the console version and the PC version say the PC one's horrible. It doesn't have career mode and the only bonus track it comes with is Daytona Beach. A different developer did the PC version, the console version is developed by Tiburon. Also, this game hardly has any community support compared to NASCAR 2003. If you wait till September when NASCAR Thunder 2004 comes out, The PC version will have career mode. [/b][/quote]
Is there a website for NASCAR Thunder 2004 on PC?

This site is for Xbox, PS2 and PC in general. It tells you the some of the main features and items in the game.
http://www.easports.com/games/thunder2004/home.jsp

Here's a preview from Ign that goes into more detail. Note that they say the fantasy tracks, like in NASCAR Thunder 2003 may not make it in the PC version, but the career mode will be and as far as I can tell everything else the Console versions have.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/401/401375p1.html?fromint=1

Here's a review of NASCAR Thunder 2003 telling you how different it is from NASCAR 2003. It also tells you what is good and bad about the game, because if you haven't played it on the PC, it's quite different than the console version.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/377/377089p3.html

However, before you buy NASCAR Thunder 2004 I would reccomend downloading the demo to see if the game is to your liking.

Originally posted by park30fan@Jun 26 2003, 10:24 AM
This site is for Xbox, PS2 and PC in general. It tells you the some of the main features and items in the game.
http://www.easports.com/games/thunder2004/home.jsp

Here's a preview from Ign that goes into more detail. Note that they say the fantasy tracks, like in NASCAR Thunder 2003 may not make it in the PC version, but the career mode will be and as far as I can tell everything else the Console versions have.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/401/401375p1.html?fromint=1

Here's a review of NASCAR Thunder 2003 telling you how different it is from NASCAR 2003. It also tells you what is good and bad about the game, because if you haven't played it on the PC, it's quite different than the console version.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/377/377089p3.html

However, before you buy NASCAR Thunder 2004 I would reccomend downloading the demo to see if the game is to your liking.
Thanks for the links!!! This game looks very awesome!! Especially the part where they get revenge on you, If you mess with them too much!! :bounce: So is there career mode on the PC version or not...I am kind of confused...?

Yeah, I read somewhere EA said NASCAR Thunder 2004 would be the first PC version with career mode. I don't have a link, but I read it somewhere reputable.

Originally posted by park30fan@Jun 26 2003, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I read somewhere EA said NASCAR Thunder 2004 would be the first PC version with career mode. I don't have a link, but I read it somewhere reputable.
Yes, my Nascar Racing 2003 game doesn't have it, but If i get a game I want career mode on it now.

I have NASCAR Racing Season 2003, BTW, do any of you race online ?

Besides that, I also have NASCAR Thunder 2003 for both PS2 and PC, currently doing a career mode in PS2. Leading 2nd place Dale Jr. by 1087 points. I also have F1 2002 , Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 and Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec.

Originally posted by Happy29@Jun 28 2003, 08:19 AM
I have NASCAR Racing Season 2003, BTW, do any of you race online ?
HeyHey... I have that game (NASCAR Season 2003) and I race online almost everynight. I'm addicted to it!! I love it! My ratings aren't the best, but they are decent. RC-1, ST-3, S-4, SS-5, LPI is 42.

Your ratings are better than mine.

RC - 0 ST - 0 S - 0 SS -5 LPI is 18.1 (cuz I've been wrecked or spun out most of the time)

Yeah, I hate them damn kids who get on there just to wreck everybody.. really kills your LPI.

Yeah, they say its an accident but theyre damned lying and they claim they "lift" when they get the run but they never back off the throttle. Those little bastards.

If I had a nickel for every time that I was on the pole only to be spun out by some punk kid.... well you get the idea. Well, I always advocated patience at Superspeedway tracks (cuz I've won there so many times) I even wrote the book on Superspeedway racing, literally, check out my guide to SS Racing (http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88401). They never "lift" and they always claim it's an accident and then I basically called them dicks afterwards ;) . My advice is to only race at the Jolt.co.uk SS1-SS4 and Papyrus Loop or Open servers only when you know you have a fast car and can get away from those wreckers real quick.

Originally posted by ward22@Apr 29 2003, 07:36 PM
Strids...we should race each other sometime on the multiplayer...do you want to sometime?
I just purchased nascar thunder 2003 PC platform. Using cable modem. Can you offer any advice on setting up the multiplayer? I host game but others do no see a join button. Firewall not an issue.

thanks in advance for any help

Originally posted by donsracers+Jul 12 2003, 12:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donsracers @ Jul 12 2003, 12:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ward22@Apr 29 2003, 07:36 PM
I just purchased nascar thunder 2003 PC platform. Using cable modem. Can you offer any advice on setting up the multiplayer? I host game but others do no see a join button. Firewall not an issue.

thanks in advance for any help [/b][/quote]
I have Nascar 2002, and I cant host any myself either...sorry, I dont know...someone should though.

I use to be great at 02, and was into an almost league type of server. I met this group of pple in a server called KnoxVegas, which eventually turned private and was great because wrecking never would happen there. But then somehow my files got corrupted, and when i tried to uninstall and reinstall, it wouldnt work. The installation would simply stop at 9% and give me an error, which those idiots at Papyrus knew nothing about even though it said to refer to them! Well I guess Im just gonna buy 04 when it comes out and see how it is. Anway, how many pple here use the Keyboard Vs. The steering wheel?? Ive used both but find that I always end up using the keyboard so i can type and talk at the same time...

And on Happys post, WOW do I hate it at plate races with no host where you just get run over by idiots who dont know how to race and then blame it on the infamous "WARP". Wow, I get amazed at just how often it happens too...

I wonder why they always blame it on warp when everyones PING and Maximum Latency is basically the same. I would join the higher rated servers but hell, no one ever gets onto them, guess we gotta brave the lower leagues for now. Anyway, I'd always come back the next race and beat the living hell out of the wreckers fenders until they could take no more or I spin em out, so thats a lot of fun if you can take the heat. :)

Well anyway, an answer to the keyboard vs steering wheel problem, I use a console style gamepad mainly, it works wonders but sometimes I either go to the Joystick (for my flight simulator games) or Keyboard.

EA Sports Nascar Thunder 2003. I would like to set up multiplayer not using Gamespy.

Back
Top Bottom