sim racing

B

Bent Fender

can somebody give me some info on sim racing i am interested in doing it but i dont have a clue how it works or maybe even a good site to check out

I moved this into the Sim Racing forum. You might be able to get some answers reading the posts made here. ;)

Nascar Racing 2003 by Papyrus is the only true "Sim" out there. Real Nascar drivers actually use this one. Dale Jr has a league which runs online every tuesday night. The ones by EA Sports are fun, but the realistic physics are just not there. (As real as it can be, viewed through a monitor.) :p
I've been sim racing four about 4 1/2 years. Online in a league for 2 years. It's a lot of fun, especially online with about 20 other guys.
If you're really interested, get a steering wheel and a really honkin' computer. (These games are system hogs.) That should maximize your experience.

My league:
www.corl.ca

Are people still racing Nascar Racing 2003 Season by Sierra/Papyrus online?

Looks like you got what I got RobbyG! :) I ain't good enough to do the racing with real folks............they'd ban me for wrecking everything in sight!! :D

"Are people still racing Nascar Racing 2003 Season by Sierra/Papyrus online?"

For sure. I race about three nights a week in my league. It's still quite popular.

If EA Sports had better online racing, it would probably appeal a little more to the Sim crowd. Racing against the computer just isn't as much fun, for me anyway.

I race just about every weekend and practice weekly In a League. Awesome Game.

You guys know which websites I can use to download new cars/drivers/tracks/points settings? And which leagues can you race online in? Websites please...

I have this game, but its been collecting dust ever since the 2004 season started.

"You guys know which websites I can use to download new cars/drivers/tracks/points settings? And which leagues can you race online in? Websites please..."

You can find just about all the tracks here:

http://www.simracingconnection.com

Jr's truck setups, (Really quite competitive) here (Notice any setups with "BR"at the end are for modified tracks):

http://www.dmp-racing.com/setups/setups.htm

BR modified tracks by Brian Ring. He did an excellent job of adding realistic racing grooves to the stock Nascar tracks. IE: Daytona used to be very difficult to pass on the outside. These tracks are now standard among most leagues:

http://brianring.net/phpBB2/index.php

As for leagues, mine is great, but you have to be Canadian to race in it. www.corl.ca

Just do a search and you will find many to choose from. Of course Jr's would be the premier league, but nearly impossible to get into for obvious reasons.

Hey guys. I'm into the sim racing as well with NR2003 by Papyrus. Actually, only been doing it for a little over a month or so, but I think I'm catching on quite well. I am in a league (OUTSIDEGROOVE) and we race on Sunday nights. And, just about every other night of the week I go on to catch some pickup races for fun and practice; however most of them of course are on the superspeedways, where our league focuses on short tracks. I like it alot, I race at our local track in the summertime, and this is a pretty darn good fix in the offseason! :beerbang: I didn't mention our league runs the 88mod, and usually these pickup races I catch are in the cup mod. I know there were some great links posted, but I wanted to share a site I go to alot, which is very good and has links for pretty much anything you could possibly need for online sim racing:

http://www.ncracer.com/

And, while I'm at it, I will attempt to post a pic of the 88mod car I use for our league:

winfp

It is a copy of the paint scheme I use on my actual race car, so its quite cool to have it in a video game! I didn't do that paint job, but a very good painter from rubbins-racin.com/forum, which is a very nice online racin message board.

I recommend sim racing for anyone who is looking for a good racing fix in the offseason (or even during the season!), and has a fast enough computer, etc.

Where can I get that 80 car mod? Or is it the Aerowar88 mod? cuz if it's that, I'll get it from the link you provided above.

Man, an old 88 Monte Carlo with my online race'n paint scheme, with the old Atlanta track would be just down right AWSOME! :)

Back
Top Bottom