Since When can you take a Black Flag back

Actually had they replayed the start we may have discovered that the initial call was right. Maybe not but here is my theory.

Driver's are told over and over again at drivers meetings that they can NOT lay back from the leader or the pace car and jump on it prior to the "official" acceleration point on the track (if you watch the back of the pack on restarts this actually happnes all the time but without penalty for some reason) . I dont think that Hornaday did that and the reason that he did not have to to get the restart advantage that he did is because of Hmiel's restart inexperience. Shane held back so long that by the time the field reached the acceleration point there was ample opportunity for ANY driver to make a hard move on his closest competitors.
Kerry on the other hand may actually have laid back from the two cars ahead of him and taken advantage of that space. Without the advantage of a replay we will never know. I think Nascar did what they thought was fair and also what was easiest for them.
I think either way....so be it! He got an unfair advantage and capitalized on it (happens in every race with many drivers) or he was smart enough to take advantage of room the leaders gave him (also happens in every race with many drivers).

Kel

My only comment is that people need to be able to voice their opinion about Earnhardt(s) without being labled as trolls.

Just as having Earnhardt as your favorite driver isn't blind idolitry, being crtical of him isn't blind animosity as someone stated in this thread already.

IMO, he's trying to rile people up...but until the majority of Earnhardt fans can realize that not everyone is an Earnhardt fan and take criticism with maturity and a grain of salt then flame wars will continue.

People have their likes/dislikes and people can say their opinion about whatever in the right matter, it's all good.

Exactly, and it's common practive to just jump on people for expressing a dislike for any Earnhardt.

Yeah I suppose so...probably mainly becaus the legend that Dale Sr. created.

Nascar is about racing. Its not a parking lot out there on a restart! Drivers should be allowed to snooker each other on a restart. Thats what racing is all about!

Nascar puts these dumb rules in and they are just screwing it all up if you ask me!

Is this racing or is it parking at the grocery store?

Originally posted by tonystewart1
Drivers should be allowed to snooker each other on a restart. Thats what racing is all about!  

If that's true, then Kerry obviously did nothing wrong to begin with. :D

He didn't...but NASCAR taking back the black flag was blatant favortism.

Abooja is always right.........guess I have to give her the lead in this debate!!!!!!

:D

Back
Top Bottom