Six hour long race.

D

DE Wrangler 2

For a 6 hr long race, today's race wasn't most exciting race I've seen at Pocono but it wasn't all that bad either. At least it wasn't a fuel milage and pit strategy (though I do like the pit strategy aspect) race. I truly think the best car won today!!:)

Originally posted by Awesome_Bill
So do I.  As for me Best race ive seen in a while;)

Wouldn't have anything to do with that red number 9 winning would it? :) Seriously, it was a good race today. Congratulations again Awesome.:)

Great race for you Awesome Bill!!!! Congrats :beerchug:

I have another question for you guys. Nascar supposedly awards a points bonus for winning from the pole. Is this true and if so how does it work? The unofficial results on nascar.com don't show any extra points for that. (Need it for my fantasy scoring, any thoughts?) :)

Originally posted by HappyHour
Great race for you Awesome Bill!!!! Congrats  :beerchug:  

I have another question for you guys.  Nascar supposedly awards a points bonus for winning from the pole.  Is this true and if so how does it work?  The unofficial results on nascar.com don't show any extra points for that.  (Need it for my fantasy scoring, any thoughts?)  :)

Not sure HH.......I know no points are awarded for Cup Championship but maybe it plays into a tie event or something. I know it gets them into the show for the Daytona 500 in the following season though.

I know most of ya'll don't care for open wheel racing, but if they replay the INDY race from Michigan today, you've GOT to watch the last 30 laps. There was some AWESOME racing going on, and even some tire rubbing for you bump and grind fans. :smileyb:

Thanks DE W!

Penskegirl, saw that , and you're right, it was awesome! Huge Nascar fan here, but watched that part of the IRL race instead. Especially good during laps 15-8 or so to go.

HH, as far as I know, no extra points winning from the pole. Bill did get bonus $$for winning the pole.

You may be thinking of the $$$$$$$ that goes to the Points Leader if he wins the race. gutta be up around $160,000 now.

160,000...If only Bill was the Points leader. I look for a strong performance from that same car at Indy too. I dont believe Bill recieved a bonus when he won from the pole last year either. Ive also never heard of a Points bonus for the winner if they won the pole.

they get no extra bonus points for winning from the pole. now thwy do gwt a cash bonus for winning from the pole. if noone wins, it carries additionally to the next race;)

Well to me i wanted to fall asleep during this Pocono race so that tells ya how boring it was. I did get a good break from the NASCAR race when i fliped to the IRL race. That whole race was pretty good and the last 30 laps where the best man Ms. Fisher almost pulled a big upset but i bet everyon would have loved to see that happen. For everyone that does not watch IRL regualrly but did see this race at Michigan well just about all the races are like that lately maybe not 10 cars battleing for the win but at least 4 or 5 just about each race. the IRL is the best open wheel seris there is. And is just keep getting better. NASCAR might start getting some ratings compition in the next year or 2!!!NASCAR will always win but the IRL could cut the ratings back or NASCAR.

Back
Top Bottom