Snowball Derby to be broadcast live on 51 TV

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Hell yes!

Race fans have been clamoring for live video of the Snowball Derby, the most prestigious asphalt short track racing event in the United States, for years. With tickets being sold at a record pace for this year’s race, a partnership between Speed51.com’s 51 TV online video network and Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola, Florida, will make December’s 47th Annual Snowball Derby available to a live worldwide audience.
------------------------
The four-day pass to view all of the Snowball Derby and Snowflake 100 feature racing action, plus Snowball and Snowflake qualifying events and feature races for the Five Flags Speedway’s Bombers, Sportsman, Super Stocks, Modified and Pro Truck divisions is the most cost-effective package. However, individual day passes are also available. Fans can tune in to Nash 102.7 Pole Night action, featuring time trials for the Snowball Derby and feature events for the Five Flags Super Stocks and Modifieds, on Friday, December 5 for $14.99. The December 6 Allen Turner Snowflake 100 qualifying and feature events, along with the Snowball Derby last-chance qualifier event and the Pro Truck division feature, is available on Saturday for $19.99. A single-day viewing ticket for the 47th Annual Snowball Derby on Sunday, December 7, is $24.99.

The only way to view the Snowball Derby feature events for the Five Flags Bomber and Sportsman divisions is to purchase the four-day 51 TV ticket for $54.99.

http://speed51.com/47th-annual-snowball-derby-to-broadcast-live-on-51-tv/

The price is fair. 51TV puts on a quality broadcast and it's cheaper than what a race ticket would be. This isn't someone putting a camera on a roof and charging you $30 to view the stream.

The price is fair. 51TV puts on a quality broadcast and it's cheaper than what a race ticket would be. This isn't someone putting a camera on a roof and charging you $30 to view the stream.

I'm sure Speed51 puts on a good show but thats still way too much. Watching a race on TV (even of FOX/NBC/ESPN quality broadcast) isn't even a small fraction of the experience of being there... How much does a basic cable or basic satellite package that includes FS1, ESPN, NBCSN, etc... cost these days? I don't know because I got rid of it a while ago. When I had it, I didn't have the basic package, I had the DVR and everything else, but I think I could have gotten most of the channels I wanted with the races I watch for like $70. That one event (the 3 day package) costs almost as much as a month of cable... If I was in the area I'd pay $50 to go watch the race (plus whatever is costs to go the days there are heat races and the Snowflake 100) but $50 to watch it on my computer? Seems like a huge rip off to me.

I'm sure Speed51 puts on a good show but thats still way too much. Watching a race on TV (even of FOX/NBC/ESPN quality broadcast) isn't even a small fraction of the experience of being there... How much does a basic cable or basic satellite package that includes FS1, ESPN, NBCSN, etc... cost these days? I don't know because I got rid of it a while ago. When I had it, I didn't have the basic package, I had the DVR and everything else, but I think I could have gotten most of the channels I wanted with the races I watch for like $70. That one event (the 3 day package) costs almost as much as a month of cable... If I was in the area I'd pay $50 to go watch the race (plus whatever is costs to go the days there are heat races and the Snowflake 100) but $50 to watch it on my computer? Seems like a huge rip off to me.

But part of the money goes to the track, so I understand the price. People travel from all over to go to the race and, while I don't subscribe to this theory, a lot of track promoters do. That theory is that, if you put it online for $10, people will just watch online instead of going to the race. That theory is also why they have a 150-mile blackout which means people in the surrounding area won't be able to see the race in any way unless they go.

But part of the money goes to the track, so I understand the price. People travel from all over to go to the race and, while I don't subscribe to this theory, a lot of track promoters do. That theory is that, if you put it online for $10, people will just watch online instead of going to the race. That theory is also why they have a 150-mile blackout which means people in the surrounding area won't be able to see the race in any way unless they go.

Well, it's good that some of the money goes to the track, but that doesn't make it not a rip off to me.

I love both races, that's still too much to watch on tv. I understand they need to make money, but that's just too steep. Especially considering its on an NFL sunday

Back
Top Bottom