Soft Wall

P

pbunch

Which Soft Wall is Todd Bodine Gonna tear up first today?And do you think we will see a red flag for a repair job?:D

This might sound bad but I would like to see some hit (Test) the Soft Walls today.

I hope they don't use them, but if they do I hope they work.
My prediction is todd in turn 1 about 20 laps in. :beerchug:

WOW ol total em is still out there! Just leaving us in suspense until he gives it the ultimate slam.

Originally posted by Awesome_Bill
WOW ol total em is still out there!  Just leaving us in suspense until he gives it the ultimate slam.

Maybe the two brothers are trying to help "Total-em Todd" out today........the both tested the wall for him!:D

LOL DE, I just realized that. Could today be a Triple "wammy" for the Bodine Bros? So far so good.

Total-Em is hanging in there.........a strong 8th place!:) Guess Brett and Geoffry took the wall test for him today.:D

I actually wouldnt mind Total ems team to do well, but maybe just the team. As for Todd, I could care less.

No bashing here, just that those "Softer" walls seem to work a heck of a lot better than hard walls.

Nascar, WAKE UP, and with all your $$$ help the track owners save lives or serious injury.

Absolutely Kat.

The soft walls did the job they were designed to do. 3400 pounds at 180 plus. The drivers walked and walls held up.

Thank God for the George's and their refusal to wait for something cheaper.

While some of those wrecks looked bad, the damage was much less severe than had they occurred at Talladega. Every one of those drivers was able to walk away relatively unscathed. Pretty cool.

I hope this proves their usefulness enough to to get them in time for the 2003 Daytona 500. :thumbsup:

The walls did a great job with the impacts today. The heavier cars did not penetrate the outer wall which was a fear. The cars did tend to rebound off the walls back onto the track. That was no problem today as luck would have it and the angles at which the cars hit the wall may have seen concrete walls do the same thing.

Hopefully the developers will have walls designed for high banked tracks and sharper radius turns real soon.

The sooner the better. Of course it's two years to late at Daytona.
But that still may not have helped big E given the circumstances.

Yeah, HardScramble, I was really impressed with the soft walls. The best part is considering some of the haaaaaaard driver side impacts in today's race, everybody walked away unharmed. That's pretty amazing.

Reading Geoff Booodines post race he claimed that he couldnt really tell the difference just that it still hurt alot though. I would have to say that these walls must make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom