Some News On Ned Jarrett

A

Awesome_Bill

From Jayski's...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ned Jarrett Update: been asked about NASCAR Legend Ned Jarrett, also former broadcaster and dather of curretn Cup driver #88-Dale Jarrett [DJ], so here ya go: Last night during Raybestos Fast Talk with Benny Parsons, Ned Jarrett called in to let the fans know how his health was doing. Ned said that he has had 4 Heart Cauterizations, 2 Angio-plasties and stints put in with each angio plastey. He had two vessels that were blocked. One was 95% blocked and the other 85% blocked. A little after that he had a blood clot. He went into the hospital and they put him on IV's with blood thinner and he felt better with in a few hours. In fact, he was playing golf three days later. Jarrett does have 1 artery that goes from his heart to his arm that has a "kink" in it and some blockage but they are treating that with medication. He goes to the cardiac rehab 3 days a week and still continues to do his regular exercises. Doug Rice asked him about being anxious watching DJ on Sunday.. He said. that the doctors gave him some medication for anxiety.. Towards the end of Sunday's race he wished he had taken one earlier. He watches every lap and listens to every word that they do.(Performance Racing Network)(8-21-2002)

Glad to hear that Ned Is ok, Next up...Ditch Bestwick and Hire Ned To NBC for the Rest of the year lol.

Thanks Bill,I was thinking about Ned last week.I like ol Ned,and hope is getting better.

Glad to see that...haven't made it to Jayski's yet...thanks

That's great news!!! I sure do miss him in the booth. DJ said the other day in an interview that he may pursue broadcasting when he retires from racing. That would be too cool.

I hope ol Ned continues to get better. He's been a great asset to the sport of stock car racing and having him back at the track would be good for all.

Back
Top Bottom