Somewhere, Matt Kenseth Is Fuming

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
Under the revised guidelines, a driver would serve a two-lap penalty if a team sent too many men over the wall to repair damage.

Previously, the punishment was a driver would be parked for the duration of the race if a team sent more than six men over the wall. That resulted in Kenseth being knocked from the 2017 playoffs after he was involved in a crash in the Oct. 22 race at Kansas Speedway.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/02...y-that-eliminated-matt-kenseth-from-playoffs/

:mad:

Glad to see NASCAR got their head out of their butt on that one. The new penalty is much more in line with the severity of the infraction. I would never be considered a Kenseth fan, but he took a screwing on that deal.

All Blocking idiots SHOULD expect to get moved. It's called racing and even Denny understood that much. (eventually)
I have no objections to someone blocking. I have no objections to a blocker being moved, either. I view both as legitimate tactics to try to secure a win.

Unfortunately NASCAR doesn't realize how silly some rules they make up are until afterwards.The Kenseth penalty and drivers sitting on pit road in timeout during practices come to mind.I believe Matt will be pretty busy enjoying his kids activities,I hated missing them with my kids because of work.

His holidays just started a bit early. Karma for throwing a fit on Logano. Now
he understands how it feels to get knocked out because of another idiot.
Good lord....
GET. OVER. IT.
Pretty ironic, considering the guy in your avatar would wreck his own mother if she looked at him wrong...

Reactions: sdj
Fitting for Matt......good riddance

I agree, karma. Anyone who drives a 3 wheeler onto the track with a Mad-Max attachment on the front end to simply take out a driver should never race again.

Let's be real... a two lap penalty would have also knocked Kenseth out of the playoffs. Kenseth entered that race two out of the transfer spot, and fluctuated between being in & out all race long. But he was solidly on the bubble. Even with NO penalty, I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't have been able to get that car back on the lead lap and into the top 5 or 10 where he needed to finish in order to maybe advance. I get this feeling that history will show Kenseth as a solid title contender last year that was taken out by a penalty. Nope. Not even close. He was on the bubble to make it to the round of 8 and got into a wreck. That's pretty much what happened.

All Blocking idiots SHOULD expect to get moved. It's called racing and even Denny understood that much. (eventually)
I just started liking the Martinsville payback much more.

Let's be real... a two lap penalty would have also knocked Kenseth out of the playoffs. Kenseth entered that race two out of the transfer spot, and fluctuated between being in & out all race long. But he was solidly on the bubble. Even with NO penalty, I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't have been able to get that car back on the lead lap and into the top 5 or 10 where he needed to finish in order to maybe advance. I get this feeling that history will show Kenseth as a solid title contender last year that was taken out by a penalty. Nope. Not even close. He was on the bubble to make it to the round of 8 and got into a wreck. That's pretty much what happened.

I agree the penalty probably didn't change history, still excessive imo

A more accurate summary is that Eric Jones took him out. He just happened to be signed on with JGR, and that part of story doesn't fit in with the chosen narrative.

Well I will give Lagano credit. He managed to run 2nd rate most of 2017, but at least he stayed out of the way.
The captain just has to be thrilled.

Well I will give Lagano credit. He managed to run 2nd rate most of 2017, but at least he stayed out of the way.
The captain just has to be thrilled.

Fellow teammate the Jones boy ran out of talent and wrecked Kenseth. Like others have said, Kenseth would be at least two laps down with a damaged car. Not likely to have changed much of anything.

KDB would disagree with ya and he had the bloody forehead to prove it. According to KDB it's Joey's fault the didn't win at Homestead.

I think it is a shame that a top driver like Kenseth doesn't have a ride. Drivers typically loose their ride when they become less competitive. I think this time it is about cost cutting, it is probably hard for a driver to take a significant pay cut. I expect to see more of this down the road when top drivers have to negotiate a new contract.

We will probably never know weather he was even offered the ride at any price but he sure acted surprised when it happened. Gibbs blamed it on Carl quitting suddenly?

Fellow teammate the Jones boy ran out of talent and wrecked Kenseth. Like others have said, Kenseth would be at least two laps down with a damaged car. Not likely to have changed much of anything.

KDB would disagree with ya and he had the bloody forehead to prove it. According to KDB it's Joey's fault the didn't win at Homestead.
Great stuff

This.. The 20 was done

BS, it ain't over till it's over! JMHO.

Honestly, I doubt Matt has heard about this yet. Since he's not racing, he has no reason to stay updated on rules changes. He's probably more concerned with whether Rodgers is going to be any good next year and the schedule for the next Metallica tour. More power to him.

Hopefully Kenseth will have fond memories of a great career.
He went out as a winner at Phoenix, and should be a first eligible ballot HOF inductee

Just found a picture of Matt Kenseth fuming

matt_kenseth.png

The fact that the penalty likely did not change the outcome is NOT the point. It was a stupid penalty for such a minor infraction, and the Lagano fans would do well to understand that the next time the shoe might be on the other foot. I would also like to slightly disagree with spotter22. Suppose Kenneth is allowed back on track and suppose he is now FIVE laps down when a grinding crash takes out the other guys fighting for the eighth playoff spot and sends them to the garage for the day. Unlikely, but hey, it could have happened. I watched Jeff Gordon win a race at Pocono when 5-7 cars in front of him crashed, and it rained before anybody else could pass him. I wouldn't have bet five cents on that happening.

The fact that the penalty likely did not change the outcome is NOT the point. It was a stupid penalty for such a minor infraction, and the Lagano fans would do well to understand that the next time the shoe might be on the other foot. I would also like to slightly disagree with spotter22. Suppose Kenneth is allowed back on track and suppose he is now FIVE laps down when a grinding crash takes out the other guys fighting for the eighth playoff spot and sends them to the garage for the day. Unlikely, but hey, it could have happened. I watched Jeff Gordon win a race at Pocono when 5-7 cars in front of him crashed, and it rained before anybody else could pass him. I wouldn't have bet five cents on that happening.
That could happen but he had pretty significant damage on the right front. I know he had a severe vibration so we're probably looking at damage to the upper, lower control arms or both. Kansas is also so Aero dependent and he had pretty good nose damage also. It was stupid penalty BUT it was a rule and they knew it.

I have no objections to someone blocking. I have no objections to a blocker being moved, either. I view both as legitimate tactics to try to secure a win.
Yes butttttt if your blocking and someone moves you, does that give you the right to retaliate in the same fashion as Matt did? The only people who say yes are Matt and Jeff Gordon fans. :director::nyanya:

Back
Top Bottom