Song Covers Thread

utvol0427

Team Owner
Andy's Miley Cyrus thread gave me the idea for this thread. I love to hear covers of songs and to hear artists put their own spin on someone else's music. So, everyone post some that you like.

I'll start with my favorite, which I'm sure most of you have heard. Hear is what Trent Reznor had to say on Cash's cover of his song:

"When Trent Reznor was asked if Cash could cover his song, Reznor said he was "flattered" but worried that "the idea sounded a bit gimmicky." He became a fan of Cash's version, however, once he saw the music video.

I pop the video in, and wow... Tears welling, silence, goose-bumps... Wow. [I felt like] I just lost my girlfriend, because that song isn't mine anymore... It really made me think about how powerful music is as a medium and art form. I wrote some words and music in my bedroom as a way of staying sane, about a bleak and desperate place I was in, totally isolated and alone. [Somehow] that winds up reinterpreted by a music legend from a radically different era/genre and still retains sincerity and meaning — different, but every bit as pure.[9]"

This is a song that tons of people have covered, but this is my favorite version.

This is one of the covers that I like better than the original.

I'm generally not a fan of covers at all, but I like Johnny Cash's later stuff, which is pretty much all covers.

I've posted this Xandria song before, but this cover surpasses Sonata Arctica's original version IMO. (I like both bands.)

Three of my favourite covers by Reba McEntire.
Fancy. An awesome song.

The Night the Lights went out in Georgia.

Jolene. Reba does a fine job as always.

Carolina Chocolate Drops cover of Hit 'Em Up Style is great. To be honest, didn't even know this song existed until I heard this.

Back
Top Bottom