Sonoma adding the full course back for NASCAR

I wonder do they revert back to the old 74 laps or make the race longer

This is awesome but let's not act like people are gonna start showing up in droves again which is what they think (spin) they're gonna do.

I think he will find a ride for some of these road courses if he wants them.

Somebody could Chip-in. At least I'd like to see what he can do in a Ganassi car on the road courses if they're going to give Jamie a 500 car.

Somebody could Chip-in. At least I'd like to see what he can do in a Ganassi car on the road courses if they're going to give Jamie a 500 car.
That would be pretty neat. Just run a third part-time car for some of the vets, huh?

NASCAR had to do it just so the race course would match what's on the trophy. :rolleyes:

Hey, while they're at it, bring back 'Gilligan's Island'! :p

I like it!

WGI needs to match par!
1939360B-A4D5-45DA-A791-B0576C0CBE3B.jpeg

This is awesome news.

That turn 7 hairpin will be insane...and an absolute destroyer of brakes. What will they be doing? 140mph down to 40? Gotta be somewhere around those numbers

so does that mean they be going down the drag strip again?

Yes.

This will make the course so much faster. They will flyyyyy through that carousel and then onto that long straight. Turn 7 just became the best passing zone on the track. Momentum is going to be huge coming out of the carousel if you want to setup a pass in 7.

Love the layout but hate that they are shortening the race. It's already so short..

Burton: Earnhart who is a cattle rancher in his spare time passes Mark Martin for the lead, Letarte: Yeah Jeff I hear he bought even more cows this spring, He says he likes to do that in his spare time. Burton: Earnhardt needs to be easy on his brakes, I know going into turn seven that my brakes would get hot, and at the speed these guys are going Earnhardt shouldn't push it too hard.

Alright, paid my money for a third trip to Sonoma.....so it's not like I'm an expert, but I want to throw something out there. 4 and 7 are great passing zones next to 11. By adding the carousel, both 4 and 7 have changed. Will they be as significant as they have been in recent years, or have we taken some of the raciness out of the track?

Finally some good news for once! Doesn't feel like it has been 20 years. I was sad when they went to the new layout and didn't think we'd ever see the proper one in stock car racing again.

why did they remove it to begin with?

why did they remove it to begin with?

I think the excuse was that it was for the spectators. By shortening the distance they added more laps which meant the cars would pass all the spectators more often. I can't remember the reason given back then because it has been so long now.

Back
Top Bottom