Sonoma Raceway Pre-Race Thread

Airplane today. Christmas starts tomorrow. MY Toyotas in person. Nothing better. Let's go!

Sponsor relations depend on more than just a driver's on-track record. Smithfield may like the image he presents personally. They may like the way he works a crowd at their events. They may like being able to be involved with racing at a lower cost than a Hamlin or Busch would run.

I understand a sponsor sticking by a midpack driver because of other benefits. Michael Waltrip and NAPA is a great example of that. But Almirola must be a super charming smooth talker behind the scenes because I've never seen anything, whether it's on the track or in his media appearances that warrants a sponsor showing undying loyalty to him. Maybe Almirola is a charmer at corporate events, which we obviously don't see as fans.

I understand a sponsor sticking by a midpack driver because of other benefits. Michael Waltrip and NAPA is a great example of that. But Almirola must be a super charming smooth talker behind the scenes because I've never seen anything, whether it's on the track or in his media appearances that warrants a sponsor showing undying loyalty to him. Maybe Almirola is a charmer at corporate events, which we obviously don't see as fans.
The same questions could be asked of the McDowell - Loves relationship. Whatever these drivers bring, their sponsors have been happy for years with no signs of dropping them.

Great lap for McDowell. Love him and MTJ knocking Racing Jesus out of second round of qualifying. Group A was way more loaded than B imho. MTJ, Larson, Bowman, Gibbs, Reddick, and McDowell all in A.

Which highlights how unfair this format is...

Reactions: Pat
Our dinner delivery arrived and I missed final round... How did Chaee blow it? They're talking like he was pole until a yip

Hamlin, Reddick on the front row

1686438222660.png

It's good to see you have false hope. Myself, I will enjoy watching the rice burners shoot themselves in the foot once again.
Yeah, false hope with five in the Top 10 and a front row lock out. I am such a dreamer.

Christmas morning. To the Track! LFG TOYOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably gonna be another race. I like Sonoma but some find it to be a bore.

Not one of them finished in the top 15 last year...but whatever.
Your post....NASCAR at LeMans #484 right back at ya....and throw in a F between the "S" and the "U" for me...and how about a big ole "Bite me!" too. Dominant. Christmas has been awesome. Good night.

It's good to see you have false hope. Myself, I will enjoy watching the rice burners shoot themselves in the foot once again.
Foot in mouth. Merry Christmas! Goodnight.

Foot in mouth. Merry Christmas! Goodnight.
One of them runs into the wall and takes themselves out, another one has a flat and thinks he can go backwards back to the pits, there was plenty of laughter to go around on my end. Announcer says Can he do that? lol uh he just did do that.

One of them runs into the wall and takes themselves out, another one has a flat and thinks he can go backwards back to the pits, there was plenty of laughter to go around on my end. Announcer says Can he do that? lol uh he just did do that.
....and one dominates. You forgot that part.....Stick that foot back in there. You have two weeks to hear about it to look forward to.

Back
Top Bottom