"sorry, mommy"

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
A 3-year old named Jack Neal recently bought a pink Nissan Figaro for nearly $16,000 on eBay.

It seems while lil’ Jack’s mother's back was turned, the tyke jumped on the computer and scored the whip.

"I had just come off the computer and I thought I had logged off, I came out of eBay," his mother Rachel of Sleaford, England said. "Jack jumped on the chair, (went) straight in, found the page and bought the car."

He can’t read, apparently, but knew that clicking on that shiny “Buy Now” button would surely lead to good things.

The Neals first heard of the sale when they got an email from the auto dealer, who thought he had made his first Internet sale.

Luckily for them, the dealer has a kid too, understood what happened, and said he will not hold them to their purchase.

I’m not sure what blows my mind more: that a toddler was able to figure out how to buy a car on eBay, or that Nissan makes a pink Figaro?

Attachments

• 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 178
This should be a "Jokes and Humor" I doubt that this is true. You can't just push the buy it now button and the thing is yours. You do have to confirm the purchase which the story does not indicate. If there was a link to a real media source for the article, then yes I would believe this.

lol, thoes damn Brits. I still don't see how he confirmed the offer. But oh well.....

my son is not even 2, and he can:

turn on the computer,
start the internet browser
go to the elmo link
start the keyboard-letter game, which requires 2 "click here to start" buttons.
consistantly press the about 7-8 of his favorite keys (each key does something different)

therefore, I have NO trouble believing that a kid could buy a car, especially if he's seen his mom buy something on ebay before.

(he can also print 124 pages, change my keyboard to greek and delete a month's worth of email in less than 3 seconds.) :)

my son is not even 2, and he can:

turn on the computer,
start the internet browser
go to the elmo link
start the keyboard-letter game, which requires 2 "click here to start" buttons.
consistantly press the about 7-8 of his favorite keys (each key does something different)

therefore, I have NO trouble believing that a kid could buy a car, especially if he's seen his mom buy something on ebay before.

(he can also print 124 pages, change my keyboard to greek and delete a month's worth of email in less than 3 seconds.) :)

Get the kid a job with Bill Gates! :p

Get the kid a job with Bill Gates! :p

I'm pretty sure the job "Full-time Elmo watcher" is already taken.

Besides, we're an Apple family. He doesn't need any MORE TOYS that break at the touch of a button.... ;)

But can he tie his shoes?
Heard that part of the job descrition is the ability to tie your own shoe laces...

If Microsoft had set their qualifications THAT high, they'd never have gotten the quality programmers they have now! :cool: :p

Oh boy, seems there are some snooty Mac users trying to throw their weight around. :) Or if not a Mac user, certainly a programer or UNIX user. :D

Back
Top Bottom