Sounds like some gas guys are worried about their jobs

Taco

Team Owner
Guy posts on ARFCOM and his screen name is mrnuke. He has a 58 page thread going over there.

Nothing as of yet. The switch to 5 guys may have killed the dream. From what I gather, it's a **** show and a carrier blew out his back and changer blew out his knee over at SHR just trying to practice the 5 man stops. Since the gas man just gasses, and can't do anything else, the 4 man part of the stop will make it much longer where the gas man doesn't have to be good to get the car full, so my guess is they will get a strong enough mechanic or someone eventually already at the track to gas the car. With all the injury's etc so far, they MAY reverse it, but I'm not holding my breath.

He posted this picture of the spec gun.

413685353.jpg

Big picture....Does this help the sport? I don't think so either. Why the hell is NASCAR screwing with this kind of stuff when their are other issues much more pressing?.....Like will the entitlement sponsor return? Absolutely stupid.

I wonder if the Dip comes with the gun? :)

Those million dollar alien pit guns will make nice conversation pieces..suitable for framing. :D

Big picture....Does this help the sport? I don't think so either. Why the hell is NASCAR screwing with this kind of stuff when their are other issues much more pressing?.....Like will the entitlement sponsor return? Absolutely stupid.
Money of course.

What could possibly be the upside to this? Something else for the booth clowns to ramble aimlessly about?

A ton of money has fled NASCAR. They cut their pit officials crew to the bone, and now teams are trying to lower their labor costs too.

Back
Top Bottom