Sources Confirm CMT Has Filmed A Racing Wives Pilot

Discussion in 'Sports and Entertainment Center' started by dpkimmel2001, Mar 12, 2018.

1. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

2. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

Good lord no. Just no.

3. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

Well already I have four reasons NOT to watch.

1) It's a reality show, which is usually ANYTHING but reality.

2) Kyle Busch

3) Denny Hamlin

4) Samantha Busch

4. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Didn't they try this before but the wives were too nice to each other or something?

PeopleAreStrange likes this.
  5. TexasRaceLady

TexasRaceLady Plank Owner Contributor

Not only "no", but HELL NO!

Yogisd1, kymartin6, jws926 and 5 others like this.
  6. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

This is geared towards the female fan base. Whatever works imo.

I think it could be interesting. They have to deal with their significant other being gone more during the year than in other sports, and they often are at the tracks. Give it a chance.

LJ7201, ChexOrWrex and dpkimmel2001 like this.
  7. The Nature Boy

The Nature Boy Stylin and Profilin

There was an FX reality show about the drivers and their families in the early-mid 2000s

Doesn't affect me either way.

8. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

See I could like that. But uh the wives only?? I'm not sure. I mean wouldn't affect me as I wouldn't watch. But I'd take a show that was like the old FX one.

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  9. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

My thoughts are that if it is of interest to someone that's eventually drawn to the sport because of it, then it seems like a good thing. Not sure why it's viewed as something negative. People seem to tune into this sort of thing.

Rick, aunty dive and LJ7201 like this.
  10. TexasRaceLady

TexasRaceLady Plank Owner Contributor

Thing is, my idea of a good reality show is Barnwood Builders, or Maine Cabin Masters. :D

Pat, mkline, Zerkfitting and 3 others like this.
  11. DanicaFreak

DanicaFreak Green monster

I dont want the sport to go that route. They are really trying to reach a younger demograpic

12. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

I think some are expecting this to be the same sort of catty real housewives shows that we normally see. That seems to be the generalization when the phrase "reality show" appears. I'd expect this to be more of a day in the life type of show, and I imagine the drivers would be featured quite a bit.

LJ7201 and Nitro Dude like this.
  13. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

Except that in nearly all cases, REALITY gets dull in about five minutes, so they are forced to "suspend" reality and start putting people in unrealistic situations. My wife used to watch the Little People, Big World series. It started off as a mildly interesting story about how a unique family went about their lives. After a while, they were off on exotic vacations every other week, or doing stuff that 99% of "REAL" families do not do.

14. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Well I'm sure if you say anything bad about it Samantha Busch will block you on twitter

15. AtomicPunk55

AtomicPunk55 Crew Chief

I don't mind documentary programs that document things that happen but I don't like programs that purport to show reality when they are really just lowbrow tawdry bull**** infused dramathons. It is remarkable how many people think that staged programs like Street Outlaws, House Hunters and Storage Wars are real.

VaDirt and kymartin6 like this.
  16. AndyMarquisLive

AndyMarquisLive Short Track Fanatic

17. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

This isnt targeted at NASCAR fans.

Besides, any women who starts watching and sees those houses, clothes, and jewelry will be hooked for the season.

NASCAR fans: “we need more fans!”

Also NASCAR fans “NOT THOSE FANS!”

aunty dive, LJ7201 and dpkimmel2001 like this.
  18. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

Good thing I don't waste my time on twitter.... :)

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  19. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

But are people who aren't NASCAR fans even going to be interested?

FLRacingFan and Charlie Spencer like this.
  20. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

a lot of pilots make the cutting floor, time will tell.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  21. AtomicPunk55

AtomicPunk55 Crew Chief

My guess is that as long as the show is in production some buzz could be generated but once it finishes up people will move on to other things. With all the fakery and lowest common denominator programs some gravitate to I don't see how this show could survive unless there are cat fights and angst.

22. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Yeah I signed up to be on a reality show that would make you a racecar driver...never seen anything about it since.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  23. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

Do you see this as drawing people to the sport? It seems to me you'd have to already give a hoot about something before you were even slightly interested in the people peripherally associated with it. If don't care about Olympic athletes, I'm sure not watching a program about their significant others.
    Cook's Kitchen. :D
    I would watch a program about people trying to become race car drivers before one about people who are related to race car drivers. I recall a one-time series about the drivers in Roush's 'Gong Show' several years ago. I learned some stuff about the business side of things.

24. Charlie Spencer

And since I assume they won't be showing the Monday morning team meetings...

FLRacingFan and AtomicPunk55 like this.
  25. The Nature Boy

The Nature Boy Stylin and Profilin

WWE pulled in non-fans with their reality show about female wrestlers so yes, it's possible.

Blaze and ChexOrWrex like this.
  26. Charlie Spencer

But that was about the wrestlers themselves, not their husbands / boyfriends / girlfriends.

27. AtomicPunk55

AtomicPunk55 Crew Chief

If the Macho Man and Rowdy Roddy could be resurrected I would tune in.

28. Charlie Spencer

If Randy and Roddy were still alive, they'd be in the ring and not on some Spouses Auxiliary show. Hell, Rick Flair coached gladiators and he still shows up.

AtomicPunk55 likes this.
  29. Nitro Dude

Nitro Dude Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance

They did a reality show on John Force and his family a few years ago and I actually liked it. I also bought the DVD and I still watch a few episode from time to time. It didn't seem to hurt drag racing any so I doubt it will hurt NASCAR either. But, if it's going to be about the drivers wives then they really should leave the shower scenes in for better reality. "Just kidding":D

aunty dive, LJ7201 and StandOnIt like this.
  30. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Yeah I watched the Force show also. I thought it was good. Just put a camera on John is all they needed to do. :D

Nitro Dude likes this.
  31. Nitro Dude

Nitro Dude Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance

A lot of fans thought they cheesed it up for more excitement...but anyone that knows John Force knows they don't need to cheese it up...what you see is the real deal with him.;)

32. rd45usa

rd45usa Days gone past

No,no,no!! I'd like to see them bring back MadHouse.

33. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

Likely, yes. Who the hell was interested in orange county before real housewives?

kkfan91 likes this.
  34. ReturnTrip

ReturnTrip Team Owner

Is Stenhouse going to have a role?

FLRacingFan likes this.
  35. Pat

Pat Team Owner

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Please no. :eek:

AtomicPunk55 likes this.
  36. Pat

Pat Team Owner

The last time I saw a driver reality show, I got to see Harvick picking up dog poop in his garage. Not cool. :blink:

37. MRM

MRM Team Owner

If the ones mentioned in the tweet are being considered, two of them aren't technically spouses.

38. Charlie Spencer

You'd think the guy could afford to fence the back yard. That's where my dog poops when I'm not home.

Either way, I'd rather pick up my dog's poop than watch Harvick picking up behind his pooches.

Pat likes this.
  39. Pat

Pat Team Owner

:laugh:

40. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Team Owner Contributor

Please just say no ............. no no no

AtomicPunk55 likes this.