Speed tv gone?

Been talked about for some time. Speed will become Fox Sports 1 and will be the equivalent to ESPN, but with a bit more racing.

The programming is not gonna change too dramatically unless they decide to give up Nascar lol.

I think we'll see more UFC, things like that on this new national Fox sports channel. The rebranding was inevitable but I wish their was a motorsports channel that covered lesser known series more extentsively.

SPEED becomes FOX Sports 1 and picks up NASCAR, MLB, NFL programming, College Football, UFC, UEFA and College Basketball.

FUEL TV becomes FOX Sports 2 and I think this is where some of the ARCA, NASCAR K&N and stuff like that goes. Right now, this network only airs UFC and extreme sports. Honestly, the extreme sports stuff has lost it's appeal. That fad died 10 years ago.

FOX Soccer will become FXX (or FX2).

I think Speed was such a wasted opportunity. They could have bought the rights to old Indy 500 races, old F-1 races. It would be cool to see races from the 50's,60's. Remember the 6 wheel Tyrrel? They could have done Bonneville, Reno and Seattle(unlimited Hydro's) But no just lame reality shows, and something called Truck U...huh? They did do F-1 and sports cars well though and I hope there will still be 24 hrs of Le Mans. But all in all a real wasted opportunity.

I am not sure how I feel about it. I am afraid they might start carrying way to much MMA. Fuel has turned into the MMA channel. I would hate to see Fox Sports 1 do that.

I am not sure how I feel about it. I am afraid they might start carrying way to much MMA. Fuel has turned into the MMA channel. I would hate to see Fox Sports 1 do that.

I can't wait for the MMA fad to die out. I don't dislike it, but it's on ALL THE TIME. You can tune in to any sports network and it's a guarantee you'll find an MMA bout on.

That said, ESPN could use a legitimate challenge. The combined threat of FOX Sports 1, NBC Sports Network and CBS Sports Network could do some damage to ESPN.

I hope Nascar qualifying and practice will still be shown. I like Speed and the other types of racing they air. I hope Racing will still be a priority after the name change.

I think Speed was such a wasted opportunity. They could have bought the rights to old Indy 500 races, old F-1 races. It would be cool to see races from the 50's,60's. Remember the 6 wheel Tyrrel? They could have done Bonneville, Reno and Seattle(unlimited Hydro's) But no just lame reality shows, and something called Truck U...huh? They did do F-1 and sports cars well though and I hope there will still be 24 hrs of Le Mans. But all in all a real wasted opportunity.

This x 100000. As a fan who hasn't seen all of those old races I would love to get a chance to see that stuff. I have found some of the races online but still would be great to see these on the channel.

I think they even stopped doing the "classic" races which usually were cup races from not even that long ago.

Why doesn't NASCAR create a "vault" online subscription where fans can watch all of the older races on demand. The NHL does this and it's fantastic.

How can hockey, which like all of seven Americans watch (that one's for you dpk;)), have it's own national channel in America but there can't be a motorsports channel???

How can hockey, which like all of seven Americans watch (that one's for you dpk;)), have it's own national channel in America but there can't be a motorsports channel???
Because the seven hockey fans just wanna watch the game ? Nascar fans would rather bitch than watch ?

When TNN had the best motorsports coverage in North America. I'd get up every sunday and never leave the couch...lol
Yep.If you couldn't find something on there then there was really something wrong with you.

I'll wait to see the bill for Fox sports before deciding how I feel. That new contract smells fishy, and Brian has avoided going into details to explain how he got a boost in price for the fall in ratings.

Today is announcement on Speed changing to Fox Sports 1. New channel will have some CUP races on it…

Link

Ratings will continue to decline. Fox Sports 1 will be available in at least a good 10 million homes less than ESPN and TNT, and there's already a noticeable drop-off when the coverage shifts from network to cable in the summer.

ESPN: 2
Fox sports: 1
Racefans: 0

We definitely lose..

I'll wait to see the bill for Fox sports before deciding how I feel. That new contract smells fishy, and Brian has avoided going into details to explain how he got a boost in price for the fall in ratings.

I think FOX is using NASCAR the way they did the first time (NASCAR on FX) and they'll move races to FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2.

ESPN: 2
Fox sports: 1
Racefans: 0

We definitely lose..

Don't count on that yet. NBC's going to make a very serious run at getting NASCAR. I hope they outbid ESPN. I was always in the minority but I thought NBC was great all things considered.

Just announced: Speedweeks programming will be on FOX Sports 1 next year. The Sprint Unlimited, Daytona 500 Pole Qualifying and Budweiser Duel races will also be on FOX Sports 1, not FOX. All NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races will be on FOX Sports 1 (this is a relief, I thought this might get moved to FS2). NASCAR RaceDay, NASCAR Victory Lane and Race Hub will also be carried on FOX Sports 1.

FOX Sports 1 will begin carrying NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in 2015. So, as I suspected, FOX overpaid for NASCAR for the same reason they overpaid for MLB - because they're moving broadcasts off FOX broadcast and on to cable television.

Also, part of FOX Sports 1 will be FOX Sports GO, a mobile app for live FOX Sports programming for internet browsers, Apple and Android devices.

"Double box" advertising (side-by-side) will be a "staple" of FOX Sports 1 for all sports programming. FOX Sports says they've been experimenting with it during NASCAR and UFC coverage.

Great news there. I loved NBC. BP and dallenbach were awesome!

Sounds to me like this is a huge win for NASCAR and for NASCAR fans. For all of us fans, we might lose a couple NASCAR talk shows but we still get all the racing coverage, all of Speedweeks, Trucks, K&N, Modified racing and ARCA racing.

Back
Top Bottom