SpeedPagan (ModWarrior) iRacing Race Thread

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
BEST Modified race to date on iRacing. Martinsville is quickly becoming my favorite track for soooo many good reasons. Sorry this wasn't a recording of the race in-car during the race, still having recording program problems.

Concord always suck at car count in the iRacing SK Modified Series. Races hardly go official (You need 8 cars in order to get points or well...anything). However, that doesn't stop my brother and me from racing against one another.

Gooood lord tell me that wasn't you talking.

Well that explains it. Sorry for the insensitivity.

Well that explains it. Sorry for the insensitivity.

It's all good, what's surprising is that no one in iRacing has a problem understanding me. I talk back and forth with them all the time over the radio. :)

I really want to do this.

I really want to do this.

Hey, go ahead and do it! I'd start out with a Logitech G27 Wheel and a Logitech G930 headset. The headsets are going to be needed to not only communicate with other drivers (and sometimes official if you're in a league or hosted race) but if you have any children around, they won't pick up on any naughty words. There's a reason iRage was coined in the iRacing community.

You'll start out in the Rookie Street Stock class, which only visits two tracks, USA International Speedway in Florida and Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord, NC. There, your only goal should be to get out of Rookie and into D Class. Rookie Street Stock is best described as a demolition derby where a race occasionally breaks out. iRacing puts a bunch of newbies into a race and yea, it's baptism by fire in iRacing. Once you get your D License, the world is your oyster. You can stay in Rookie Street Stock til you get your C Class and go straight to C Class Street Stock. You can go to D Class Late Model, SK Modified (my series), Legends class, or the National cars, which is really the K&N cars.

On the road side, you'd start out with MX-5 cars and you actually do get a decent schedule of road courses. You can stay in MX-5 series once you get your D-Class, or you can go to Legends Road Course, Mustang Cup, Global Challenge, Skip Barber, Grand Touring Cup, or the Spec Racer.

For me, I love the SK Modified and will probably stay in that series. I mean iRacing does have the Truck series, Nationwide (called Class-B ) and the Sprint Cup series, but honestly I love how the SK Modified cars handle, I love the small community that developed around the SK Modified and I just have fun on the short tracks. I may go Fixed set-up Trucks, even though I'm not a fan of fixed set-ups, just for ****s and giggles. However, my main series will always be the SK Modified.

Hey, go ahead and do it! I'd start out with a Logitech G27 Wheel and a Logitech G930 headset. The headsets are going to be needed to not only communicate with other drivers (and sometimes official if you're in a league or hosted race) but if you have any children around, they won't pick up on any naughty words. There's a reason iRage was coined in the iRacing community.

You'll start out in the Rookie Street Stock class, which only visits two tracks, USA International Speedway in Florida and Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord, NC. There, your only goal should be to get out of Rookie and into D Class. Rookie Street Stock is best described as a demolition derby where a race occasionally breaks out. iRacing puts a bunch of newbies into a race and yea, it's baptism by fire in iRacing. Once you get your D License, the world is your oyster. You can stay in Rookie Street Stock til you get your C Class and go straight to C Class Street Stock. You can go to D Class Late Model, SK Modified (my series), Legends class, or the National cars, which is really the K&N cars.

On the road side, you'd start out with MX-5 cars and you actually do get a decent schedule of road courses. You can stay in MX-5 series once you get your D-Class, or you can go to Legends Road Course, Mustang Cup, Global Challenge, Skip Barber, Grand Touring Cup, or the Spec Racer.

For me, I love the SK Modified and will probably stay in that series. I mean iRacing does have the Truck series, Nationwide (called Class-B ) and the Sprint Cup series, but honestly I love how the SK Modified cars handle, I love the small community that developed around the SK Modified and I just have fun on the short tracks. I may go Fixed set-up Trucks, even though I'm not a fan of fixed set-ups, just for ****s and giggles. However, my main series will always be the SK Modified.

I just want to finish up getting my degree first. I am afraid getting involved now would be too distracting.

I just want to finish up getting my degree first. I am afraid getting involved now would be too distracting.

Fair enough, let me know when you get started and I'll be more than happy to help. :)

Our first night race of the season is this week, so this is my car for New Smyrna.

r4qmDVQ.png

fPuTVmC.png

Gods, Oxford Plains is kicking my ass. I'm finishing in the Top 5, but I think that's only because I let the track kick my ass the least. Tonight I finish third, one lap down. Oxford Plain is a 1/4th mile flat, single groove track and I am seriously starting to detest those kinds of tracks.

At least on tracks like Martinsville, Concord, USA International you can race! Oxford Plain is about survival, if you can make it to the end, you've done good.

G2SxJrG.png

Two Weeks, Two Wins! :D BOOM CONFETTI!

I'm surprised I was able to get a win TBH. Because in the last 10 laps or so, my set-up started getting too loose off of Exit, so I had to get on the gas later off of Exit. Luckily 2nd place was still 4 seconds behind me when I grabbed the checker flag. The car behind me is a lapped car I passed.

Last edited:
Awesome, I really want to start iRacing, gonna have to wait until I have money saved up for a new computer and all the gear. I mean I can only beat the computer cars on Xbox so many times...

Back
Top Bottom